“nice camp”
Review of Indian Head Point

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammond
Indian Head Point
Buffalo, New York
“nice camp”
Reviewed January 4, 2011

this is a nice camp. Could it use some work, yes. However, Gary and his family are very welcoming and friendly. I and the other 6 families we go here with have no major complaints.
Nice to get away for a week and not feel pressured.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank cobruce

Couples
Solo
Business
Reviewed July 10, 2010

went there for the first time in 15 years and it hasn't changed a bit. Still family owned and operated and you.
Just have to bring food and sweep daily and you'll be fine. The owners are very friendly some things are kinda
expensive but its the best place on the whole side of the lake.

• Stayed August 2010
5 Thank macsk
NY
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Although we had a wonderful time at Indian Head Point many years ago, this trip was awful. The cabins were dirty and in need of repair. We rented 2 cabins and one had no hot water. In stead of letting us use another vacant cabin the owners insisted we stay in the one without running water. The floors were filthy, the showers looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years.

When we did have an issue the owners were no where to be found and once we did find them they were not helpful at all. This is one of the nicest areas on the lake but unless Lee and Gary are willing to invest in upgrading the facilities I don't know how many people will be returning, I know we won't

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank nytrip456
Hellertown, PA
Reviewed April 20, 2008

My family, including my parents, sister and her husband and son, stayed at Indian Head Point last summer. We rented 2 of the log cabins. I probably should tell you first that I prefer a much different type of vacation (like an island) but my husband is an "outdoorsman" and really wanted to go on a fishing trip and since he always goes where I want to go I said I'd go on a fishing trip with him. We all enjoyed it. The cabins did seem a little dirty but you have to remember you are in the woods on a lake so you can't expect much different than that. The only real complaint I have about the cabins is that they aren't very well lit which made it difficult to see at night. We all had a nice relaxing vacation. It did rain 4 out of the 7 days we were there which resulted in us staying in one of the cabins playing games and eating. The sunny days were beautiful ones. The lake is gorgeous. Not a lot of people on the lake in boats fishing at all. The fishing could have been better. It is a good 30 minute drive to the closest town with a grocery store but don't expect more than that because there isn't a lot up there. It is probably a good idea to plan on cooking most of the time as there aren't a lot of places to eat. Alexandria Bay is about 30 minutes away and that is a place you should visit. The owners of the resort were very helpful and friendly. I like to go to new places every year but do plan on going back eventually. My father commented that it was the most relaxing vacation he's ever been on.

• Liked — The scenery
  • Disliked — The lighting in the cabin
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank kristylee3
Upstate NY
Reviewed August 7, 2007

This is the second time we've spent our week-long vacation at Indian Head Point in beautiful Black Lake New York. The first year the owners were very pleasant, e-mailing back and forth, were quick to answer any questions or concerns, and when we arrived, we felt very comfortable and they could not do enough to make us feel welcome. A different story this year. E-mailed several times without any return or feedback, no questions answered, and when we arrived, we were met by the owner and at first was very friendly. Throughout the week, they charged us for playing in their rec barn, and yelled at us for using the kayaks when they were gone all day on a very hot day. Everything came down to money. The "rustic" cottages were very dirty - the same shower curtain hung as last year - the floors were very dirty, and we found holes in the bedroom floors covered with duct tape. Whenever we were out of the cabin visiting with our neighbors, they were spying on us. The whole week was very uncomfortable.

26 Thank stewart20luver

Been to Indian Head Point? Share your experiences!