“Ithaca Beer Dinner SUCCESS” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Colgate Inn offers fine American cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. No matter what you are in the mood for, the Colgate Inn has the atmosphere and fare to suit.
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Ithaca Beer Dinner SUCCESS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've eaten (and enjoyed) the Colgate Inn several times. I attended a beer pairing dinner and the food was incredible! We loved the seared rack of lamb and the pureed leeks that accompanied it were amazing!

Visited February 2013

Morrisville, New York, United States
“MUCH BETTER EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I negatively reviewed this restaurant a few months ago and I immediately was contacted by the manager. He offered to have me back and wanted a second chance. He explained to me that there was a bunch of changes made and it was a new look and feel than I had previously experienced. I went back on a busy Sunday morning while Santa Claus was there for my kids. Now I must tell you that I have 5 children who are quite rambunctious. I did not tell them who I was as I wanted to see how the staff actually would treat a large family with such a chaotic table. The waitress was wonderful!! She took her time with each child and did not hurry them or get frustrated!! The food was was wonderful and the check was very reasonable!! I hope that the waitress gets recognized for her hard work an friendliness that day as she dealt with quite a many children. Thank you so much David!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Place in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Can''t imagine that there is anyplace better to eat in town or nearby. Lovely setting with generous portions of delicious comfort food. We particularly liked the menu which is perfect for a college town. The offerings had everything from buffalo wings to lobster which were all priced right. Had an enjoyable evening.

• Visited October 2012
NM USA
“Great college town Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The restored Inn is a nice centerpiece to the revitalized center of Hamilton NY. It has been many years since we visited, and the entire area looks quite a bit better than we remembered. Moving the Colgate bookstore "downtown" was a big help. The Hamilton Farmers Market was very busy in the village green on the last weekend in October - a fun experience.
We had a lovely dinner in the Madison Room at the Inn; the sea bass was among the best I have ever had. We also had coffees on the patio the following day as we watched the activity at the Farmers market. Service was great. The atmosphere of a traditional college Inn was well captured in the renovation. The food deserves 5 stars.

• Visited October 2012
Syracuse, New York
“WOW - beautifully remodeled and great food to enjoy too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

It had been some years since I had visited the Colgate Inn. When I was a kid, we use to attend a Sunday brunch in their 'old' dining room section on special occassions (Mother's Day etc.) and then a few years back had lunch in their bar/pub section and that was pretty good as well but I returned over the summer for a lunch and was really surprised!! They have done such a beautiful job refurnishing the downstairs. The restaurant is beautiful. It has a colonial atmosphere with lovely wood floors and a beautiful wood bar. It really has a warm welcoming atmosphere. Food is good too. I had a very nice quiche - nice size portion - with a side salad. Great wait staff. Attentive. The outside of the inn looks the same as ever - which was always beautiful but the inside - what a change. Open and airy and larger than I ever remember it being. Try the Colgate Inn if you are in the area.

• Visited June 2012