“Ok for a quick trip.”

Wendt University Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hamilton
Wendt University Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Wendt for one night while in Hamilton. We are not normally B&B people, but the town is so charming, I think we would at least stay at the Inn next time. Was a good value, but does not have any frills. Again, service at front desk was pleasant and would be good for a quick overnight trip. I would request the second floor. We were on the first and we were able to hear everything.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My daughter and I traveled to Hamilton to see Colgate University. It was just overnight and I was certainly not looking for a place with "amenities". We just needed a place to sleep. I am used to staying at national chains, like Hampton Inn, but there are no such places nearby. I was also looking for a place conveniently located to the university. B & Bs are not for me, so I checked out the reviews for Wendt. Not very promising. But I felt I had no choice. I was pleasantly surprised. I understand they just renovated, and it shows. The place is bright and clean. Spotlessly clean. I arrived late and was assured that someone would be at the desk to check me in. My room was large and clean. The bathroom was spotless and seemed very new. The beds were comfortable. Did I mention how clean the place was? And smelled clean too! The small continental breakfast hit the spot. Coffee was hot and good, and the toasted english muffin and orange was just enough for me to start my day. I gave 5 stars, not because it is a 5 star place, but, considering what I paid, and what I got was way better than expected, I feel 5 stars is warranted. If my daughter decides to attend Colgate, the Wendt Inn will be my place

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ann C
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We visited Colgate University with our daughter, her friend and her friend's parents. We shopped online for a place to stay as we have never been to that area before. Trip advisor reviews were good and the upscale hotel in area was booked. The remainder of choices were b and b's which we don't like. We arrived late and were greeted by a very nice girl who had our keys ready for us. The rooms are very clean and great for an overnight trip. They served a small continental breakfast in the morning, I would stay there again if we visit the area in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank karenbearcountry
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed here one night about a yearsago. Was underwhelmed. Seemed like a cheaply built, put up in a very short time to house parents of Colgate University student. May be the cheapest place to stay in Hamilton, and it feels like it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank llsmith29
Reviewed November 17, 2012

...and you want to stay in Hamilton this this place is okay for 1 night, no more than 2. The local lodgings are all well overpriced. This one, based solely on cost, was the only reasonable choice. If I was to travel to the area again I would simply stay in Oneida or Utica. The hotel was clean. It is basically prefab construction with thin walls and cheap beds. They do have WiFi. For a night or two it is okay if the goal is to stay in Hamilton and not be totally ripped off for lodging. More than 2 nights I feel the beds would be too uncomfortable for an adult. Kids would'nt care. I may be biased too since this was my first time staying in a remote area that wasn't a campground. This trip was specifically to visit Colgate University.

Room Tip: there is no pool or kids activities.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank T J
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We've stayed here several times. It's perfectly adequate for a night or two and better than many of the other places in the area. As other reviewers have noted, it's very convenient to Colgate. I think sometimes people expect too much of a motel located pretty much in the middle of nowhere. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel is convenient, but there are other places in the area, both hotels and B&Bs. If you...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank unicorn3
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The bedding is like sleeping on a bed of nails. Hotel is so cheaply constructed that you will not be able to sleep as you can hear other guests in rooms next to you as well as hearing the guests upstairs walking around.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ginnie o
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
21 mi away
20 mi away
Super 8 Norwich
Super 8 Norwich
#1 of 2 in Norwich

Been to Wendt University Inn? Share your experiences!