“Patricia's can't be topped”

Patricia's Guest House
Ranked #2 of 7 Hamilton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2013

While visiting colleges with my daughter I stayed at many a place and let me just that Patricia’s cannot be topped. We lucked out staying at such a perfect, convenient location- everything was right around the corner- and were spoiled by such a wonderful hostess. We stayed in the Raymond suite, to say the room was beautiful would be an understatement. It was immaculate and roomy with a separate sitting room for my daughter that had its own tv, fireplace, and pull out couch. I loved that the floors in the bathroom were heated and the bed was so large and comfortable I wanted to take it home with me. Patricia was always a delight and extremely helpful when we needed restaurant recommendations. The breakfast was so delicious that she could open a diner! Eggs, Fruit, Cereal, Scones- there were so many choices! If my daughter chooses to attend Colgate University, I know where I will be staying when I come to visit because Patricia’s just cannot be topped.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My daughter is a student at Colgate University so I have had the pleasure of staying at Patricia's many times and most recently last week. Patricia is the consummate hostess, always available but not intrusive and beyond nice. Her Victorian home is beautiful, very tastefully appointed and immaculate! There are two sitting areas on the first floor as well as a spacious dining room where her outstanding breakfasts are served. I have enjoyed many mornings at the table, chatting away with the other guests while enjoying her delicious food. The croissants are superb! The guest suites are all different and all lovely. As the whole house has been renovated, the bathrooms are totally modern with every amenity, including heated floors. The beds are cushy and comfy, perfect for a great night's sleep. And the location just can't be beat, you can walk everywhere! I have stayed at many B and B's all over the country and Patricia's is simply the best!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here recently for a Colgate admission event. The location is superior, you can walk everywhere (even to Colgate if the weather cooperates). Patricia is a superb hostess, the rooms are tasteful and elegant and she is always available and gracious. We stayed in the Raymond Suite as our son was with us. It was perfect for the 3 of us. The breakfast was out of this world, and she will accomodate your schedule even if it means different breakfast seatings for everyone. Thank you Patricia for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: Choose the Raymond Suite if you need more than one bed, although I believe there are rollaways avail...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Patricia's is by far the best option for a stay in Hamilton. As a parent of a current Colgate student, I have stayed at all the other options plus some rooms in private homes. This is by far the most comfortable of all and the best location. Pat did a fabulous job renovating a lovely old home with modern conveniences and furnishings yet the ambiance of a stately old home. Our room was comfortable and love the heated floors in the bathroom. It is great to have sitting rooms downstairs to pass the time while our student was busy with other commitments - and the ready supply of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate was greatly appreciated.

Pat is a delightful hostess. We enjoyed our conversations with her during our delicious breakfasts. She is also helpful in suggesting local activities, places to visit, and restaurants in the general area.

Patricia's is our first choice for staying in Hamilton (our second is the Colgate Inn - no personal touches, no breakfast included, not as comfortable for hanging out with a book other than in your room, but a beautiful old hotel and a good place to eat any meals).

Room Tip: All the rooms are nicely done. The rear two rooms upstairs are the largest and quietest. Front roo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My friend and i spent the week "college shopping" with our daughters
and finished our trip with a visit to Patricia's while visiting Colgate.
The beautifully restored home was welcoming and warm. Every attention to detail was done with sophistication and a focus on period details. The hardware was gorgeous.
Patricia was warm and accomodating..(We needed a "to go" cup for our wine and voila, it appeared with a smile.
The location was terrific (walking distance to town).
My only recommendation would be to request a room on the upper level, as I did hear some frat boys walking near our window located at the front of the house.
The breakfast was yummy and plentiful....

Room Tip: Upper level...some have fireplaces
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Patricia’s B&B is amazingly wonderful!!! The restored Victorian home is beautiful with woodwork and pictures representing the era of the home. The rooms are spotlessly clean with very soft sheets and towels. The home (and I call it a home) is cozy and comfortable for travelers and tastefully decorated with a homey feel. Our rooms were perfect and we all slept well during our visit. Patricia greets all the guests with the warmth of a family member. As a business traveler we have different expectations from vacation travelers; however our expectations were meet above and beyond expectations. The breakfast that Patricia presents is a 5 star all the way!! She is gracious and a wonderful B&B owner! If I return to the area and am within an hour I will most definitely stay with Patricia! Thank you for your wonderful B&B!!

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful. You cannot make a bad selection!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We came here and it was awesome. The rooms were so cool. They consisted of a zen fireplace. The fireplace had a flame that was surrounded by rocks. It didn't look like it gave off heat, but it did. The fireplace was too cool. Also the shower there was so cool. They had 3 different heads that were amazing. I stood in that shower for half an hour and it felt like a massage. The hallway also had a Keurig coffee machine. They also had hot chocolate and you just stick the cup in and close the top and it makes it for you. It was awesome. Also, when i woke up in the morning, I woke up to the smell of belgium waffles. I went down and had some and they were amazing. Pat, the owner, was so nice. The hospitality was awesome too. Also the house looked so nice. It was amazing.

Room Tip: Choose the one with the fireplace. It is so cool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Patricia's Guest House? Share your experiences!