“Not much for the money”

Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed August 6, 2007

This was the first visit to the Hamburg/Orchard Park area. While searching for accomodations, many of the neighboring inns had no vacancy for the three nights we needed. I booked the Red Roof Inn because it was available. The website said "newly renovated" so we thought we'd give it a try.
The property looked OK. Our room had an odor. The bathroom had a sour smell from the shower curtain(think dirty dishcloth). No mold noticeable in the bathtub. Shower had good pressure. The bed and pillows were OK. There was no hair dryer in the room(unlike most of the inns we have stayed in.) The cost of the room seemed very high --$109 per weekend night and $79 for the weekday considering the lack of amenities. We will not be staying again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teachertraveler67

Reviewed May 20, 2007

i like the price of this red roof inn, cheap, looked clean by the pictures on the net, check in was really fast, i requested a non smoking room, when i opened the door it smelled like 100 people had just got done smoking in the room,YUK!!!! i went to store to buy air freshner that didnt even help. exterior needed some major help, i was afraid the overhang of the building was going to fall off in the middle of the night, it was quiet i must admit, staff was nice, my only major problems were the smell of smoke and the exterior of the building needed a major renovation, this was my first red roof stay and my last. the comfort inn is right behind the red roof, you get an indoor pool and a breakfast for 20 more a night.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank henry78
Reviewed August 18, 2006

Stayed for 2 nights recently while visiting family in the area, and at the same time as the Erie County Fair.

The room was recently renovated and very clean. I closely inspected the bathroom and found not a spec of mildew. The bathroom has a toilet and shower, with the sink and mirror in the room. The new Red Roof decor is a little '70's cheesy (i.e. bright primary colors), but it was clean and comfortable, so I'm not complaining. We paid an extra $5 from the standard room rate to get a refrigerator and microwave.

We could hear people outside our first floor room, but they quieted down at a reasonable hour. Coffee is only available from the office, but it is free and decent. Only disappointment was that internet access is not included (you can pay to sign up for T-Mobile wireless.)

Having stayed at the old and musty Holiday Inn, the Red Roof Inn is a definate improvement. If you are looking for basic accomodations, this is probably the best deal in the Hamburg/Orchard Park area.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Traveler_from_PA
Reviewed March 11, 2006

We recently had to make a trip to Hamburg, just an overnighter. I went on trip advisor to find the best hotel in the area, according to trip advisor this one was the cleanest. Well, we checked in, I was a little weary as it looked seedy to start with, got to our room, looked at one of the beds that was turned down, it was covered with hair!!! Lifted the pillow, hair there to!!!! YUK!!!! Went to the other bed, opened it up, you could tell right away it was dirty also, we went to the office, told them, they put us in another roon (different maid) The bed was full of hair once again, my husband went and got the lady at the office to have her actually look at it, she wasnt pleased (at her maids) she ripped the bed apart and said we will put you in a CLEAN room, I said this place is discusting and we arent staying here at all!!!!! all the rooms should be clean rooms!!!!! We went right across the parking lot to Comfort Inn and Suites, what a great clean place!!! The room was so much bigger, microwave, little fridge, couch, vaulted cealings, large bathroom, newspaper at our door in the morning, great free breakfast!!!!!! FOR 7.00 more!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank luvtovacation
Reviewed January 3, 2006

Discounting the last reviewer, the other reviews here are pretty accurate. The place has obviously been redcorated since and the prices remain as low as ever, affording great value in comparison with the other hotels in this area (see my reviews of the Comfort Inn right next door, the Four Points Millennium and the Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport).

OK, by comparison, this place has no pool but the rooms are cosy, the decor is fresh and the facilities are ideal for the budget traveller. I had a king room, with a brand new bed, big TV, glorious hot shower and no real complaints.

My only gripes are small. You have to walk to check-in for a coffee, the TV reception was full of static and the wireless internet proved elusive to connection.

But for $39.99 plus taxes (and $59.99 for New Years Eve) this is a bargain and definitely hard to beat. Forget $100 or more: stay here and for longer!

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank RaveDJ
A TripAdvisor Member
BAJA CALIFORNIA MEXICO
Reviewed September 11, 2005

i stay in the hotel in buena park, calif. in the weekend of labor day with
some friend from la paz, b.c. sur mexico, the rooms were clean and nice.
we have a good stay, the jacuzy and the pool was great.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 31, 2005

I completely agree with the previous reviewer in his summation of the Red Roof Hamburg Experience

Having to come to this area twice a year on business, I have tried all the 5 or 6 hotels in this area (for the Hamburg Fairgrounds) and some of them are absolutely dire and all of them cost MUCH more than the good ol ROOF! If I recall correctly, the Holiday Inn is the next least expensive, starting at around $60 a night, and here I am in a fine big Red Roof Business King room at $41. Even tho I feel a little self conscious about getting excited over a Red Roof property, considering the alternatives, ya gotta love it!

However, there is a sign in the lobby stating that the rooms are all going to be remodled and upgraded, so I imagine the price will go up accordingly.

Regarding the outside entrances, I usually don't like them BUT for some reason I cannot begin to fathom, NONE of the hotels in this area have ELEVATORS! So you will end up dragging your stuff through the halls and up the stairs no matter where you stay. Muy Feo.

Have fun in Hamburg!

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank coando
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Quality Inn
#5 of 8 in Hamburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna

Been to Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg? Share your experiences!