“Fantastic night's sleep, great rate and pet friendly”

Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed February 16, 2014

It was a very last minute decision to go away for the weekend before the Canadian Family Day and American President's Day holidays, so I was unsure if I would be able to find suitable accommodations. To make it even more difficult, we have a small dog. I checked about 20 hotels in the Buffalo and Niagara Falls NY areas, and one hotel that is supposedly "Super" was even charging $20 per pet per night, plus a ONE TIME $100 CLEANING CHARGE!

Anyway, we stayed one night as we were travelling towards Grove City. Checking in with Scott (I believe that was his name) was great. He was friendly and even called us about 15 minutes after to see how everything was. Our room (234) was on the second floor of the second building. All the room doors open to the outside - there is no interior hallway, or elevator as far as I could see.

The room was clean, but a bit on the small side and looking a bit old. But for the price and location, it was a great deal. The matress was very comfortable - I slept so soundly and that doesn't happen that often when I am away from home. The TV was new(er) and the channel selection was very good. There was a microwave and fridge in the room as well. I know there were other guests in at least one of the adjoining rooms, but we never heard a peep out of them.

Checking out was just as good. The person at the front desk (I didn't get her name) was very helpful, and helped us to find our way to the church that we wanted to attend with printed directions.

I highly recommend this Red Roof Inn and will stay here again the next time we are in the vicinity.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Dan G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear FlyAtNight:

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our property, as we always appreciate constructive feedback. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff's level of service, overall condition and cleanliness of our recently renovated guestrooms and our strong price / value perception, which we believe are critical and distinguishing features that sets our property apart from the competition and generates loyalty to the Red Roof Inn brand. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to Mr. Scott and Ms. Sharlene who assisted at the Front Desk, as well as the rest of the Team, as we appreciate the efforts put forth to ensure our guest's satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Awesome, super clean, friendly staff (Sharleen, Cori and Joddy), reasonable rate, convenient and comfortable bedroom i.e., bed, pillows, towels, interior designs, bathroom, etc.Highly recommendable...Definitely, I will come back in this hotel and try their other locations...

Cheers,

Alfredo E. Galvez

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ALFREDO G
Dan G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear ALFREDO G:

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our property, as we always appreciate constructive feedback. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff's level of service, overall condition and cleanliness of our recently renovated guestrooms and our strong price / value perception, which we believe are critical and distinguishing features that sets our property apart from the competition and generates loyalty to the Red Roof Inn brand. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to Ms. Sharlene, Ms. Cori and Ms. Jodi as well as the rest of the Team, as we appreciate the efforts put forth to ensure our guest's satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We were stranded during the storm last week. We arrived at this hotel only to have been turned down by several other local ones (and also told no one had any vacancies), The front desk team member Sharlene was the one we greeted and told that they did indeed have a room for us. She will forever be our little Buffalo angel! The room was clean and had everything we needed to for a good night's rest and a coffee in the morning. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Dan G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Alice P:

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our property, as we always appreciate constructive feedback. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff's level of service, overall condition and cleanliness of our recently renovated guestrooms and our strong price / value perception, which we believe are critical and distinguishing features that sets our property apart from the competition and generates loyalty to the Red Roof Inn brand. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to Ms. Sharlene and the rest of the Team, as we appreciate the efforts put forth to ensure our guest's satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was stranded during a blizzard and found my way here without a reservation. I was greeted by Sharlene at the front office who couldn't be more accommodating. She set me up with a nice room at a great price without any hassle. She also pointed me in the direction of supplies to ride out the storm. In 5 minutes of being in the lobby I saw her help 4-5 guests with speed and efficiency.

Anyone can have a good room, but good service is something to applaud. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rs104206:

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were impressed with the quality of service received from the attendant; she answered to all our questions. The room was clean but small; no coffee maker, no paper tissues, only a chair for the desk. For the price, we were satisfied with this stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear 846Bruno:

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our property, as we always appreciate constructive feedback. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff's level of service, overall condition and cleanliness of our recently renovated guestrooms and our strong price / value perception, which we believe are critical and distinguishing features that sets our property apart from the competition and generates loyalty to the Red Roof Inn brand. In regards to amenities, you may want to consider upgrading to a Superior King room on your next visit as these rooms include in-room coffee service, iron and full-sized board, large work desk, hairdryer and additional seating. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to the rest of the Team, as we appreciate the efforts put forth to ensure our guest's satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We needed to find a hotel, at a half way point on our trip home, that was "pet friendly". This hotel was not only convenient - easy on and off I-90 - but allowed pets for free! We were greeted by a friendly desk clerk who made room and dinner recommendations. The Waterstone Grill ,which is next door to the RR, offered a small but nice bar, excellent apps and affordable dinners.

Our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. We will be back!

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for a ground level room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Dan G, Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear jwwarren:

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to review our property, as we always appreciate constructive feedback. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel staff's level of service, our Pet-Friendly policy, proximity to area attractions and ease of access from the Thruway and overall condition and cleanliness of our recently renovated guestrooms, which we believe are critical and distinguishing features that sets our property apart from the competition and generates loyalty to the Red Roof Inn brand. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to the rest of the Team! We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a superior king room over the Christmas holiday! The room couldn't have been cleaner! We were greeted at the front desk ByCharlene she helped us get into a room very early in the day! Thanks for the great stay see you next year! This was the first time that I have seen the new Decor , and I like it. When visiting family in Hamburg this is my hotel!

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Todd P:

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Hamburg
#4 of 8 in Hamburg
Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90

Been to Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg? Share your experiences!