“Not Good Not Bad Motel”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Hamburg
Detroit, MI
“Not Good Not Bad Motel”
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I recently stayed at this Inn with my family. It was a leisure trip to Niagara.

Reservation:
I wanted to book three rooms. The hotel website allows reserving one room at a time. So it might happen that one books two rooms successfully and then their are no rooms available. Do keep this in mind. But all in all it was quick. Although the motel is AAA approved, I didn't get any discount (Thanks to the scarcity of available rooms in and around Niagara Falls).

Reaching there:
The inn is located on Camp road at Exit#57 (I-90). The location is excellent. Very convenient to travel to the Niagara Falls area as well as starting journey back home. The landscaped garden gives this inn a different look altogether.

Check-in:
It was a busy weekend so there was a small queue waiting patiently for checking into their rooms. The person at the front desk was responding some telephonic queries even though the queue kept on getting longer. There was a single person at the desk to handle everything.

Rooms:
Rooms were clean. Everything worked. Bathroom could be better though. The spout, shower, toilet etc. is cheaply built. 2 towels for 4 adults ???

All in all a good inn for an overnight stay.

• Liked — Location, Ample Parking space, Landscaped surrounding area
  • Disliked — Front desk staff, cheap built, noisy A/c
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2007

We stayed here for a weekend when we were in Buffalo for a Bill's game. It was a great spot. Clean rooms, ample parking, and very helpful staff. There was a new restaurant beside the hotel which was great. It was easy to get to shopping and the Stadium. We looked around for rooms near the stadium and this was a terrific price and an overall great stay. The only thing that was missing for me was a hair dryer in the room.. Oh well, I made due. Will stay here again when I return for another Bill's game.

• Liked — Size and location
  • Disliked — no hair dryer in the room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
Reviewed August 23, 2007

As a frequent patron of Red Roof Inn, I reserved this location by using the Redicard Preferred Member number. Expecting the same service I have experienced in 22 other locations across the country, this ended up being a huge disappointment. A list will best compile the things you should be aware of at this location:
1. The employee at the front desk was curt from the moment I walked in and it escalated when I asked to speak with a manager.
2. Don't look for the manager at this location to be familiar with Red Roof corporate policies regarding use of major credit cards. I hold my reservations with the same card and they have the number on file. Furthermore, I had used it within their system for the 4 previous nights as I traveled across the country and had none of these hoops to jump through.
3. OK none of this concerns you much.... Here is what you really need to know and are reading this to find out: No the room was not clean.
4. Layer by layer the sheets were stained and the mattress protector was clearly not stained following washing but simply stained and covered with sheets.
5. In the morning, we came to the rude awakening that this was not a non-smoking room as we had reserved and our luggage and clothes now smelled of smoke. I'm not sure how smell of smoke was covered up upon our arrival and then became evident the longer we were there but I wish I had been less distracted by the poor hospitality upon arrival and more attentive to smells and an ashtray provided on the desk.
6. Last of all, the room had a water leakage problem. The wall paper in the bathroom had old damage but after a overnight rain storm there was water dripping down the inner most wall of the room.
This is definitely not typical of Red Roof Inn as I have experienced it. Of course, some locations in any chain are better than others but this experience was really bad. Go on down the road there are several other Red Roof locations in the area.

• Liked — RIght off the highway
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness and hospitality upon check-in
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Tdogcat
Michigan
Reviewed August 6, 2007

This was the first visit to the Hamburg/Orchard Park area. While searching for accomodations, many of the neighboring inns had no vacancy for the three nights we needed. I booked the Red Roof Inn because it was available. The website said "newly renovated" so we thought we'd give it a try.
The property looked OK. Our room had an odor. The bathroom had a sour smell from the shower curtain(think dirty dishcloth). No mold noticeable in the bathtub. Shower had good pressure. The bed and pillows were OK. There was no hair dryer in the room(unlike most of the inns we have stayed in.) The cost of the room seemed very high --$109 per weekend night and $79 for the weekday considering the lack of amenities. We will not be staying again.

• Liked — It had an availability
  • Disliked — The smell of the room.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teachertraveler67
maumee,ohio
Reviewed May 20, 2007

i like the price of this red roof inn, cheap, looked clean by the pictures on the net, check in was really fast, i requested a non smoking room, when i opened the door it smelled like 100 people had just got done smoking in the room,YUK!!!! i went to store to buy air freshner that didnt even help. exterior needed some major help, i was afraid the overhang of the building was going to fall off in the middle of the night, it was quiet i must admit, staff was nice, my only major problems were the smell of smoke and the exterior of the building needed a major renovation, this was my first red roof stay and my last. the comfort inn is right behind the red roof, you get an indoor pool and a breakfast for 20 more a night.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the exterior
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank henry78
Philly Suburbs
Reviewed August 18, 2006

Stayed for 2 nights recently while visiting family in the area, and at the same time as the Erie County Fair.

The room was recently renovated and very clean. I closely inspected the bathroom and found not a spec of mildew. The bathroom has a toilet and shower, with the sink and mirror in the room. The new Red Roof decor is a little '70's cheesy (i.e. bright primary colors), but it was clean and comfortable, so I'm not complaining. We paid an extra $5 from the standard room rate to get a refrigerator and microwave.

We could hear people outside our first floor room, but they quieted down at a reasonable hour. Coffee is only available from the office, but it is free and decent. Only disappointment was that internet access is not included (you can pay to sign up for T-Mobile wireless.)

Having stayed at the old and musty Holiday Inn, the Red Roof Inn is a definate improvement. If you are looking for basic accomodations, this is probably the best deal in the Hamburg/Orchard Park area.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — lack of free internet/limited cable channels.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Traveler_from_PA
Reviewed March 11, 2006

We recently had to make a trip to Hamburg, just an overnighter. I went on trip advisor to find the best hotel in the area, according to trip advisor this one was the cleanest. Well, we checked in, I was a little weary as it looked seedy to start with, got to our room, looked at one of the beds that was turned down, it was covered with hair!!! Lifted the pillow, hair there to!!!! YUK!!!! Went to the other bed, opened it up, you could tell right away it was dirty also, we went to the office, told them, they put us in another roon (different maid) The bed was full of hair once again, my husband went and got the lady at the office to have her actually look at it, she wasnt pleased (at her maids) she ripped the bed apart and said we will put you in a CLEAN room, I said this place is discusting and we arent staying here at all!!!!! all the rooms should be clean rooms!!!!! We went right across the parking lot to Comfort Inn and Suites, what a great clean place!!! The room was so much bigger, microwave, little fridge, couch, vaulted cealings, large bathroom, newspaper at our door in the morning, great free breakfast!!!!!! FOR 7.00 more!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank luvtovacation
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg
Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg? Share your experiences!