“A decent place to sleep with a great price!”

Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Just the facts here. Our first horse show at the Erie County Fairgrounds and we chose to stay in a hotel for the two nights instead of our horse trailer. We needed the shower. Red Roof inn provided the best rate I could find on the internet. $85 plus taxes total about $103 per nite. The room was supposed to be no smoking. It smelled of smoke however I believe it was a no smoking room. This is one of the smallest two bed hotel rooms I've been in. The TV worked fine. It seemed clean. The air conditioner was cold. As is the norm for the in room A/C Heater units, it was noisey. I had to get up during the night and shut it off. For some reason the alarm clock went off during the night on our second night? Practical joke from the daughters boyfriend who was there the first day? Maybe..... Easy access to I-90. The Bar Soap smelled great! No breakfast buffet like the comfort in next door but a dennys down the road was great or you could just opt for a Tim Hortons with actually two of them nearby.

Room Tip: This has rooms on the highway side but we could not hear the traffic.....
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Room was clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Only 10 minutes from the City of Buffalo. Front desk was very helpful and processed you in and out quickly. Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Clarence K
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Did I mention dirty? Everything in the room was dirty. Hairs were all over the sheets. I'm not talking one or two hairs, literally 10+ nasty hairs. I checked the other bed in the room - it also had 4 hairs on the sheets and pillows. The shower also had two nasty hairs in it. Thedesk chair was covered with dirt and crumbs. Truly a disgusting room. I slept in my clothes and left early after a terrible sleep.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 17, 2011

Thank you for taking time away from your schedule to post a review of our property on TripAdvisor, as we truly appreciate the feedback to improve our operation. As the newly appointed General Manager for this facility, I am truly concerned about exceeding guest's expectations . Please accept my sincerest apologies for your recent experience at our Inn. I would appreicate the opportunity to speak with you directly relative to this posting, feel free to contact me via e-mail: i0055@redroof.com; or telephone: (716)647-7222. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in advance.
Daniel R. Gilliland, CHA

Reviewed December 20, 2010

Hotel staff at the front desk were very pleasant. I arrived early and my room was ready no need to wait. The room was very clean, bathroom spotless. I would recommend for anyone to stay the price was very reasonable. Close to Interstate and city.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This place ROCKS. Due to extenduating reasons, I had to make a spur of the moment trip to Buffalo, NY accompanied with four dogs it isn't always easy to find a place to stay. The Red Roof Inn excepted myself & my dogs with out any problems. The room was CLEAN, the staff were all FRIENDLY and the service was OUTSTANDING. I would highly recommended this place to anyone who is visiting in the area. They are AWESOME, centrally located and easy to get to. I will stay there again on my next trip to Buffalo.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2010

The employees at the Red Roof Hamburg were really great, very helpful and friendly. The rooms were adequate and clean. I would like to see them upgrade them with in room coffee makers so you don't have to walk to the lobby to get coffee and put hair dryers, ironing boards and irons in the rooms. Otherwise it is a very nice, pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Our stay At the Red Roof Inn was very comfortable. The room was clean and most accomodating for a week-end get away! The staff was most helpful with any request we made. We have decided to return to this site on next year because the event we attended is anually.
The Lockharts

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Hamburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna

Been to Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg? Share your experiences!