“Good food, busy again tonight---but I will return”

Peg's Place Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 121 Restaurants in Hamburg
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Peg's is a home town diner with fresh home style comfort food. Its less than a mile away from the shores of Lake Erie.
The restaurant was clean, plenty of parking. and I will continue to return here ..

When in doubt of what to have go with the SPECIAL of the DAY its always excellent.

My wife, my parent and my son all stopped in. This place is always busy but there was no waiting, We were sat at a large table in the back.
I had the Meatloaf special it was very good with fresh home made brown gravy,
My wife at what she calls an awesome 3 cheese and bacon hamburger,and dee-ish
Dad had an omelette and I heard no complaints from him and if they were forth coming he would have spoke up.
Mom mushroom burger with no cheese. Being a special order it was delivered as asked. It look nice and juicy
Son had a chicken finger sandwich, it was huge two chicken fingers covered the whole sub roll.

For desert we had pie:
Son had his own homemade Oreo pie, Mom and Dad shared a Strawberry Rhubarb with fresh cream on the side. The pie was delivered with whip cream in a pudding bowl on the side of the along with a second plate for easy sharing.
My wife and I had had coconut creme because of sharing it also came with 2 plates.

They have an awesome fish fry on Friday with homemade German potato salad(hot potato salad).

Reviewed July 5, 2012

we decided to give this restaurant another try,bad decision. We tried the hot roast beef sandwich with gravey and mashed potatoes. It was not real roast beef seemed like the same kind that Arby's uses,gravey fron a jar and instant mashed potatoes. The potatoes were thin and watery. We also had a philly salad at our table,just a lot of iceberg lettuce with part of a steakum on the top. This is the Buffalo area where you usually get a good roast beef sandwich,not here. I do not think there is much homemade anything here.

The waitress did a good job of getting drinks but it took forever for our dinner,not her fault.

We will not be going back,there is to many other places with good roast beef.

2  Thank pcc10
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were enroute to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and, having left early from home, needed a spot to fill up for the rest of the trip. Saw this spot just before hitting the Intersate and, seeing the number of cars there, decided it had to be good. We weren't disappointed. Nothing pretentious and the menu was good honest selections. The portions were a good size and, they made fresh decaf for one of our party. This is not a high end restaurant but a diner that ensures you enjoy the visit. The staff were very friendly and took time to talk to us. The decor is nautical in theme. Restaurant and restrooms were clean. Reasonable price. Nicely located if you are heading west towards Cleveland or Grove City.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Just a diner, but the food and service were good. It was a good choice for lunch between tours of the Darwin Martin house in Buffalo and Graycliff Estate in Hamburg.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stopped into Peg's with my wife, while visiting family in the area....we were hoping for a hot breakfast. What we received however, was bland food, warm/luke warm in temperature, served by a waitress who was obviously disinterested. Service was poor.

Pancakes were dry, and barely warm. Eggs (a western omelette) was very bland with very little ingredients. Again, served varely warm. The only compliment I can honestly make is that the coffee was hot. I do not understand how a cook can screw up something as simple as breakfast. But, it seems they put much effort into striving for mediocrity. The meal overall was plain awful.

Even though there was a fair crowd in the restaurant for a morning meal, I dont understand why they would come here. Maybe its the cheap prices. But, I have personally paid the same amount elsewhere for breakfast and received a great meal. There are far better choices in the Lake View and Hamburg areas. Avoid Peg's Place...like the plague. Not worth the disappointment!!!

5  Thank Sarzyn