“Great Fish Fry”

Rodney's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #19 of 121 Restaurants in Hamburg
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Wonderful waitress service. Very attentive without being intrusive. "Child" size fish fry was more than enough for my husband. The swiss mushroom burger was done perfectly and much too big for me to finish. An order of "hodge-podge" (fried veggies with dips) was bigger than we expected. Our table of 4 shared it and there were still a few pieces remaining when our meals came.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate at Rodney's on Easter last year (I'm late with this review) and we were one of 2 couples in the restaurant. The service was.horrendous. The 2 on duty waitresses stood in a corner for 15 minutes talking about another waitress. When they were finally done, our waitress started off towards the kitchen and I had to say, "excuse me" to stop her to ask for another iced tea. I used to go there quite often when the service was great back in the early 90s so I hoped it was a fluke. Not the case when I went back this past August. My friend and I split the shrimp salad and we both love to load on the pepper. It's fairly dark in there so we grabbed what we thought was pepper on our table and loaded up. Apparently, they mix the salt and pepper "to save the customers time" as we were told by the waitress. She was almost arguing with us, saying no one else ever complains and everyone that goes there knows they do this. Really???? I don't ever use salt on my food so I was almost gagging and even my friend who DOES normally salt her food was equally put off. She finally agreed to take it off of our bill after a long debate. What happened to this place??? I love the food but the aggravation of dealing with ignorance isn't worth it. Won't be back when I'm visiting. Go to Root Five..pricier, but great food and service!

5  Thank JenHagg
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We go to Rodneys alot and no matter what day of the week or time of day the food is always great! Great fish fry everyday of the week, Al food is of good quality.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have been to Rodney's many times. The food is always good and fresh. The staff is friendly and helpful. It does get very busy and the staff tries to keep up but sometimes it gets overwhelming especially on a Friday night. The fish is the best. Fresh and well prepared however you like it. The other items on the menu are very good as well. Prices are very reasonable and there is a view of the lake across the street you can easily see if sitting on the outside deck. It's not a fancy place but very comfortable and accommodating. Would recommend...Oh and if you're a Quick Draw fan you can play and have dinner at the same time...

Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

I depend on reviews to make decisions on where to go so I in return give the most honest review or warning I can!
After being seated our party of 4 had to wait 20 min for a waitress to stop and take our drink order. Now when we first arrived I told the hostess we had reservations for a party of 6 but since we weren't all there at the same time she said we couldn't sit I explained I am a diabetic and NEEDED to eat so we would take a table for 4 she became mad abd seated us come to find out the other 2 friends were already there and thet had got their own table too so that all worked out. But she gave us an attitude?! So we waited 20 min for a waitress to take our drink order. 30 min later she admits that she kept getting side tracked now 50 min since we walked in I told the hostess I was a diabetic and needed to eat..waitress finally takes our order almost an hour later as we watched new people sit down order and ready to leave by the time we were even able to place our order!! We ordered a shrimp dinner, fish fry, bbq chicken, and sword steak it took an hour for our dinners we started analyzing how long it should've taken!? Our waitress dropped off our food and she was no where to be found we calked upon other staff for a "fork" napkins water she never once came to see if we needed anything! It is a shame the food was delicious the service was absolutely HORRIBLE - I wasn't lying to the hotess when I told her I NEEDED to eat. I'm posting a picture of my grilled sword steak it was really good but only go if you eat first so you can wait 2 hours for it.