“Ok. Not the hype though”
Review of Armor Inn Tap Room

Armor Inn Tap Room
Ranked #64 of 120 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Armor Inn Tap Room, located at the intersection of Abbott and Armor Duells Roads in Hamburg, has been beautifully restored with a spacious first floor dining room, two bars, live performance stage and a spacious outdoor patio with two warm and inviting fire pits and an outside bar. Upstairs, a banquet room can accommodate parties of up to 125 people. The Armor Inn offers casual dining with a new American-Fare menu inspired by Buffalo's booming craft beer and food scene. Our guests come here for award winning smoked wings, wide selection of beers on tap, great live music and a fun atmosphere. Armor Inn Tap Room is one of the hottest destinations in the Southtowns. The banquet facility is perfect for hosting showers, parties, luncheons and more! Our banquet team will work with you to pick out a great menu that stays within your budget and will help put on a stress free event where we do most of the work! Even better, the Armor Inn can cater all of your family gatherings and tailgate parties as well in the comfort and convenience of your own home. Stop in for lunch, dinner or drinks on the patio, there is always something going on at the Armor Inn. Live music from both local and national talents fill our restaurant every Tuesday at Armor Inn Bike Night starting 6:30pm starting May 16th, every Wednesday (select dates starting June 17) at Country night starting 7:30pm, Friday and Saturday nights at 9pm, and Sunday with Acoustic acts 6-9pm. Join us for Crafty Tuesday and enjoy Paint Nite, Plant Nite or DIY Craft events, tickets available online. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for specials and updates. **PLEASE NOTE*** Bar Events and Live Music Performances are all for 21+. If you are not a dining guest, this is a bar and there is no underage admittance - but we can't wait to have you back once you're 21!
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We asked to sit outside because the music was so loud inside. The fire pits are cozy but with only two we couldn't get near them.

I ordered bacon wrapped shrimp. The was good but the rosutto was over cooked and slimy. My companion had the swordfish and was disappointed in the size. Drinks were weak so we switched to wine. Overall ok.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was seated outside on patio. Was surprised to see that smoking was allowed. Flagged down a waitress after 20 minutes. Placed our entire order and waited another 15 minutes for a glass of wine and water. After seeing 2 tables that arrived after us being served , we began the flagging down the waitress thing, that would be the only way to get her to notice us all night. She came running out with our food, which of course was ice cold. BBQ chicken was dry and terrible, sweet potato fries cold and disgusting . Pasta dish was stuck in one big ball, cold and tasteless. Flagged down another waitress, because ours was lost in the weeds. She promised us many times, she would find our waitress. But did not have any luck. She then avoided us by entering on the other side of the patio. We began an open discussion with other tables about the bad service and food. What seemed like the manager leaned against the rail and drank beer with some heavy smokers. This is a bar not a restaurant. Live in walking distance. Want the place to be a success. It is always hit or miss. Poor management. After all the bad reviews you would think management would make some changes. By this time the waitress was not expecting a tip. So I had to get up and chase her for the check. She comp 2 glasses of house wine. We pay the bill and left no tip.too many restaurants in WNY to take a chance on this one. This is a bar with great bands. Eat somewhere else.

1  Thank Dave Y
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the 6 of us had a great meal last night. The Shrimp creole was spicy, just the right amount , with lots of spinach and 6 large shrimp atop the linguine. The swordfish and salmon were both very good as was the barbque chicken and ribs, and the gargonzola encrusted steak. Our server was attentive and the prices were decent. My beef was with the management. My mother gave us 3 siblings a gift certificate each for $40. for Christmas. In the mayhem of the day, I lost mine. I called and spoke with the manager, was able to give him the date of the purchase, the credit card number and the amounts, and the certificate numbers on the other two, but he wouldn't budge. He said he couldn't look it up on his computer and if he did it for me, everyone would want this entitlement. Well, I doubt anyone else could give him this information. I couldn't believe he was willing to disregard a prospective new customer. I did tell him I would be joining my group anyway because it's our time together, but I won't return because of this. And it's too bad, because the food WAS good.

3  Thank ginnybrown
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when we were given a gift certificate for this restaurant. But we were very pleasantly surprised. The staff was knowledgeable and attentive. The inside is attractively decorated but, unfortunately, very noisy. I ordered the salmon and it was fresh as described and very delicious. The rest of our party had steak, pasta and the BBQ and all were satisfied. The only complaint was the steak was a little dry and overdone. The sides were very good that came with the meal also. Parking is a problem as the lot is very small but they do have valet service.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We are within walking distance so we didn't have to worry about parking (very crowded on weekends). They do have valet parking option, not sure on cost. Food is average. Tables are close together. Service is slow unless you don't go on the weekends. If there is a band playing they rush you through your meal to move tables. A bit pricey and menu is short, which makes a choice fast on time but not on taste. Forget dessert. Fire pits outside are nice if you're a smoker, they use them like an ashtray. Very loud and chaotic.

Been to Armor Inn Tap Room? Share your experiences!