“Bad food and worse service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Armor Inn Tap Room
Ranked #56 of 115 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Armor Inn, located at the intersection of Abbott and Armor Duells Roads in Hamburg, has been beautifully restored with a spacious first floor dining room, two bars and a live performance stage. The spacious outdoor patio includes two warm and inviting fire pits and new this year the patio bar and lounge area. Upstairs, a banquet room can accommodate parties of up to 125 people. The Armor Inn offers casual dining and a fun atmosphere. Known for its award winning BBQ, affordable prices, and the widest selection of beers on tap in the area, the Armor Inn is one of the hottest destinations in the Southtowns. The banquet facility is perfect for hosting showers, parties or luncheons and the menu can accommodate all of your desires. We also have pick-up or drop-off catering for your events anywhere in Western New York. There is always something going on at the Armor Inn. Live music from both local and national talents is featured every Friday and Saturday, as well as on Wednesday's at Country Night which includes line dancing, Thursday at Dinner & Blues and Sunday's for Acoustic acts. Follow us on Facebook & Twitter for specials and updates.
“Bad food and worse service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was seated outside on patio. Was surprised to see that smoking was allowed. Flagged down a waitress after 20 minutes. Placed our entire order and waited another 15 minutes for a glass of wine and water. After seeing 2 tables that arrived after us being served , we began the flagging down the waitress thing, that would be the only way to get her to notice us all night. She came running out with our food, which of course was ice cold. BBQ chicken was dry and terrible, sweet potato fries cold and disgusting . Pasta dish was stuck in one big ball, cold and tasteless. Flagged down another waitress, because ours was lost in the weeds. She promised us many times, she would find our waitress. But did not have any luck. She then avoided us by entering on the other side of the patio. We began an open discussion with other tables about the bad service and food. What seemed like the manager leaned against the rail and drank beer with some heavy smokers. This is a bar not a restaurant. Live in walking distance. Want the place to be a success. It is always hit or miss. Poor management. After all the bad reviews you would think management would make some changes. By this time the waitress was not expecting a tip. So I had to get up and chase her for the check. She comp 2 glasses of house wine. We pay the bill and left no tip.too many restaurants in WNY to take a chance on this one. This is a bar with great bands. Eat somewhere else.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dave Y

Buffalo, New York
“great food, but poor management response”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the 6 of us had a great meal last night. The Shrimp creole was spicy, just the right amount , with lots of spinach and 6 large shrimp atop the linguine. The swordfish and salmon were both very good as was the barbque chicken and ribs, and the gargonzola encrusted steak. Our server was attentive and the prices were decent. My beef was with the management. My mother gave us 3 siblings a gift certificate each for $40. for Christmas. In the mayhem of the day, I lost mine. I called and spoke with the manager, was able to give him the date of the purchase, the credit card number and the amounts, and the certificate numbers on the other two, but he wouldn't budge. He said he couldn't look it up on his computer and if he did it for me, everyone would want this entitlement. Well, I doubt anyone else could give him this information. I couldn't believe he was willing to disregard a prospective new customer. I did tell him I would be joining my group anyway because it's our time together, but I won't return because of this. And it's too bad, because the food WAS good.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank ginnybrown
Buffalo
“Unexpected find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when we were given a gift certificate for this restaurant. But we were very pleasantly surprised. The staff was knowledgeable and attentive. The inside is attractively decorated but, unfortunately, very noisy. I ordered the salmon and it was fresh as described and very delicious. The rest of our party had steak, pasta and the BBQ and all were satisfied. The only complaint was the steak was a little dry and overdone. The sides were very good that came with the meal also. Parking is a problem as the lot is very small but they do have valet service.

• Visited April 2013
“Busy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We are within walking distance so we didn't have to worry about parking (very crowded on weekends). They do have valet parking option, not sure on cost. Food is average. Tables are close together. Service is slow unless you don't go on the weekends. If there is a band playing they rush you through your meal to move tables. A bit pricey and menu is short, which makes a choice fast on time but not on taste. Forget dessert. Fire pits outside are nice if you're a smoker, they use them like an ashtray. Very loud and chaotic.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Orchard Park
“Second Time Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was hesitant to go because I went before and only had an OK time. But I stopped by this week after hearing a couple of good reviews from my friends. Definitely a big improvement from when they opened a year ago. Staff was more attentive, food was delicious and the beer choices were perfect for my taste.

• Visited December 2012