“Good Value”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hamburg
Toronto, Canada
“Good Value”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I was travelling with a dog, and my arrival time had been delayed by several hours. I arrived at the hotel at 8pm (having expected to be there around 4pm) & saw the no vacancy sign, I began to worry my room had been given away. I was pleased to find out that it had been held for me, and was in a location that made taking the dog out very easy.

The man who checked me in was very friendly, and helpful. The food for the breakfast in the morning surpassed my expectations. My room was clean and comfortable. The Free WifFi signal was very strong, and download times were quite fast.

However, I was under the impression the hotel had satiellite TV, when infact it only had 40 cable channels. There is a lack of outdoor garbage cans around the building, forcing me to walk around to the front of the building to deposit my dog's waste.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The manager and his staff were absolutely wonderful- I called from about 15 minutes away, late at night, because I couldn't drive the rest of my trip and I had to stop, and he reserved me a room, knew I was a woman travelling alone with my dog, had the heat on full blast and the room lights on when I got there, and had gotten me a room where my car was directly outside my window. He offered me all the breakfast food/drinks he had, both that evening and in the morning, and helped me find places to order in. In the morning I called to see if I could do a late check out (to which he said, "Of course!"), and when I checked out 30 minutes before the time I had requested, he insisted that I didn't have to go yet! He was very friendly and super accommodating, and I highly recommend this very comfortable, very clean hotel to anyone travelling through this area!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank lm s
gmsuper8hamburg, General Manager at Super 8 Hamburg, responded to this review, September 23, 2015
Dear Guest.
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenient that you had in your stay, we are apologized for the trouble that you had and we ensure that the problem you had we already took care of it. also we would like to let you know that since we received this online review we went to the room and we immediately addressed the issue right away. we make sure that when you gave us the second chance we will definitely make your comfortable.

sincerely
mac champaneri
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed November 29, 2011

This is a perfect little place to stay @. It is clean and tidy. The staff were reasonably friendly and helpful. My family and I enjoyed our 4 day stay there.

super 8, super great.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you need.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
toronto
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Ish and the staff are so friendly and welcoming. They truely seem like they care about the guests. This was my second time there and I've been very happy with everything both times. This is a 5 min cab ride from Ralph Wilson stadium and the hotel that is beside the Super 8 has a bar that is open late. This is good because its close but youre not disturbed by the noise if you decide to tap out early. The rooms are not overly modern but are clean and comfortable. Again, great for staying the night if you're going to a Bills game.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank c_dubToronto
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We thourghly enjoyed our stay at Ish Patel's Super 8 in Hamburg NY. Mr. Patel, the general manager, was professional, flexible, informative, and kind. The facility was clean and well-cared. We found aboundant space in the room for a relatively good price. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We would definitely suggest others we know that are traveling in this area to stay at Mr. Patel's Super 8 in Hamburg.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Ontario
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I have a very mixed review of this hotel. The Good: location and friendly staff. The Bad: not so secure doors, the severe lack of comfort of the beds (beyond soft), condition of hallways and common areas.

The location was where we wanted to be and when we checked in, the staff and management were very friendly. When we went outside to get our bags to come back into the hotel through a side doorway, there was a keycard swipe, but you could just open the door anyway without a key. When we got to our room, our room door was open, but nobody was there and whomever left the room last just didn't shut it properly. Even later the same night, that exterior door was still unlocked. This made me a bit nervous.

The beds were so soft and I was tossing and turning all night long. There were 3 of us in the room and none of us slept well at all. This is a matter of opinion though.

The hallways and common areas were worn and looked rough in some parts of the hotel.

The breakfast in the morning offered apples, bananas, muffins, bagels, waffles, cereal, juices, tea, and coffee. It worked for us. The staff and managment were constantly making coffee and greeting everyone as they came into the breakfast area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Alexa19jm
Mounds View, Minnesota
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We were here in Aug 2011. It's an older motel and it shows. The first room smelled strange, but the manager eventually changed us to a different room. The second room smelled fine. It was relatively clean, but it also showed its age. The AC didn't work very well, but the room finally cooled off. The free internet was very slow. There were 40+ TV channels. The room did have a refrigerator, but no microwave. This motel is attached to a Quality Inn (the Quality Inn is in the front and the Super 8 is in the back). There is a restaurant apparently in the Quality Inn, but the mgr didn't tell us about it when we asked for info on restaurants. Otherwise, the restaurants are about 1/2 mile away. The entire area seems to be run down. We didn't eat breakfast there, so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Super 8 Hamburg? Share your experiences!