All reviews waffles handicapped room real butter small indoor pool comfy bed front desk staff ample parking night's sleep other hotels in the area sausage great place to stay nice room clean hotel fresh fruit continental breakfast road trip staff was friendly
Reviewed September 5, 2016

As many have said, they are renovating, and it is for the better with minor inconveniences.
The room was more than ample, king size bed, comfortable pillows, and clean. Had a problem with the toilet running and they fixed it promptly after notifying the front desk.
Breakfast was more than bare bones with a good selection of carbs, meat, eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, and really good coffee. The staff had plenty of hustle to keep the food and beverages constantly refreshed.The serving and dining area was always kept clean, the view was great with many large windows.
Yes, the pool was indeed small and unheated. I am sure that will change when the cooler season comes.
The front desk was often occupied by the manager, assuring you a quality stay. Always pleasant and friendly, very accommodating.

All in all, it was a really good stay.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

I didn't think the hotel was as bad as the other reviews said. They are remodeling. My room was clean and large. We needed a sofa sleeper, when we arrived it was open and set up, which was a nice surprise. The indoor pool is very very small. There were 5 people in it and there was no moving room. Once everyone left my daughter and I had a great time in it. The pool was clean but no towels were brought till someone asked. Breakfast was a typical continental food, area was kept very clean.
We had a TV where it was all fuzzy. I asked the staff member in the morning he said he would send someone in, he didn't The employee working the desk came and checked it right out but it still didn't work after he left.
We also had a problem with our room key. My mom went to use the key it was deactivated, they just reactivated the card without Id. My mom wasn't on the room info. I thought that was weird but the fact that it happened to someone else without ID concerns me. Anyone couldve come into our room.
If they fix their cable and make sure to ID for room keys I would've definitely given it a higher mark.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2016

This was our 4th year staying at this location with a large group of friends & with kids. It certainly isn't fancy but always had been clean with great staff. We choose here due to its proximity to Ralph Wilson Stadium, outdoor pool and a great dive bar! We were disappointed to find that the outdoor pool & best dive bar in the area was axed in their renos! Management was willing to allow use of their breakfast area for 50+ people to celebrate Sunday evening! Unfortunately things were not good from the start!! We arrived in our room to find a box of half eaten brownies on the go...we assumed the cleaning staff left it behind & were grabbing a few bites when they worked but, when my daughter turned down her bed it was filthy!! I went to the front desk & quietly informed the women as another man was waiting behind me. She informed me she was alone & it would be awhile till she could get to our room, my daughter needed to sleep so I told her I would change the bedding. Not a problem. She took care of the man behind me who ended up needing a new key card; she didn't ask for a name, didn't ask for ID, didn't look in her computer, only asked what room he was in & gave him a new key!! I asked if there was protocols in place for a new key, she said he new the owner by name & was one of the construction workers so she didn't need to! Seriously!!! The next man on duty didn't know how to handle the situation of our friends being too loud in the breakfast area, he was rude & ignorant. Apparently a video was sent to Choice Hotels. Our last night was a young man name Brent who handled himself with a great deal of professionalism and when I needed a our key reswiped for the 3rd time he followed what I felt was safety standards & was the only one who did! On our check out I informed the manager how pleased we were with his staff member Brent, he didn't seem to want to hear about this instead he went on to tell me the previous man was fired & wanted to show me on his phone that he was covering that mans day. This was also unprofessional & I only want to make sure that Brent received acknowlegment after the horrible 3 nights we had. My family and I have stayed at many Choice Hotels and have felt there has been high standard but not the case at their Hambug location. Our group will not be staying at this location again.

Room tip: They say you get what you pay for but within our group of 50+ prices were all over!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank bmacgoo
Reviewed July 17, 2016

Room had plenty of space and was clean. There is remodeling going on and it appears a major renovation is under way. Staff interaction was okay , but did not have any specific experience to praise the staff for .

Room tip: One of the remodeled rooms is preferential.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

While the hotel is undergoing renovations, and the new lobby is nice, the rooms have not been renovated. Most everything was okay, but that's the best I can give it! In our room, the faucet was not attached to the sink. The A/C worked well, we got a decent nights sleep.

Date of stay: July 2016