“Nice Deal”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Hamburg
Dearborn, Michigan
“Nice Deal”
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I was pleased with the hotel. The room was nice and clean with some extra space that was perfect for our portable crib. The TV was a nice big LCD that had input jacks so we were able to plug in our portable DVD player and have a family movie night. The pool was also nice; just the right tempurature. The breakfast was good, especially the fresh waffles, but the breakfast area was a little small.

The only negative I can write are that the staircase in the lobby was pretty dirty and stayed that way the whole time we were there. Also I had reserved the hotel in part because it had a fitness center so I could continue my marathon training. Unfortunately, something was wrong with both of the treadmills.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We pulled up to the hotel at 9pm after a very long 485 mile drive. The front desk agent was so friendly and accommodating. The only room left was a jacuzzi room, which is more then we wanted to spend. He graciously lowered the rate for us, considering it was a last minute reservation. We were delighted that they are a pet friendly hotel since we had two cats in tow. Room was extremely clean. Bed was wonderfully comfortable. The breakfast area is a little on the small side. However, breakfast itself is complimentary and surprisingly delicious. They offer make-your-own waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal, juice and coffee. If we are ever in Hamburg, NY again in the future, this is absolutely where we will be staying.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank seb11710
Brantford
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Great Hotel especially for the $$$. Rooms were clean and very comfortable and updated. Great nights sleep. Staff was great. Especially when we arrived , we received welcome packages of cookies and water. Breakfast was good. waffles, cereal, fruit, breads etc.
free wireless internet and newspaper delivered to your door in the a.m.

• Liked — clean, comfortable great front desk staff upon arrival
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank shany55
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed March 21, 2007

Room: Pretty clean, a few stains on the carpet and chair.

Pool: pathetic, small, not very clean.

Exercise Room: only two tredmills and a weight machine. All three were broken!!!

Breakfast: cereal, bagels, mini muffins, donuts, coffee, juice. Didn't taste very good and most of the better food is gone early in the morning.

Free newspaper every morning.

Whirlpool in room was nice but very small.

The bed was very comfortable but the pillows hurt my neck.

There were loud drunken teenagers in the hallway from 1 until 3 o'clock in the morning. They were yelling and swearing and knocking on all of the doors. The teenage boy that works the night shift was friends with them, so he didn't make them stop. Instead he re-opened the pool at two in the morning for them to use. This irresponsible kid should not be working here.

They also allow dogs in the hotel. They woke me up a few times with their barking. Also someone let their dogs run up and down the hall in the middle of the night.

The hotel is only ten or fifteen minutes from downtown Buffalo and only five or ten minutes from Ralph Wilson Stadium.

The television was very small and the few channels that they had got bad reception.

The hallways smelled like indian food and smoke.

I liked the location and comfortable bed but the rest of the place needs major improvements.

After midnight this place turns into a mad-house.
I will not stay here again. In Hamburg dry the Red Roof Inn. But I would stay downtown next time, there are several nice hotels there. Downtown is very easy to drive around and has a comforable environment for a city.

• Liked — Comfortalbe bed.
  • Disliked — The drunken teenagers in the hallways after midnight.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Cuse5
Rochester, NY
Reviewed August 11, 2006

I stayed the at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Hamburg the night of August 10. Check in was quick and easy. The room included two double beds, a small pull out loveseat, microwave, fridge, and a large screened window that opened. The property included free hot and cold breakfast in the morning (nothing special, but did the trick), an indoor heated pool, and a business center with one computer. This hotel was right off the NYS thruway, but you couldn't hear any noise in the room. The location was great for going to the Erie County Fair and it wasn't far from Lake Erie or the Falls either. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Parking was crowded late at night.
  • Tips/Secrets — I would stay here again.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank TechWriterCor
Reviewed March 11, 2006

We recently stayed here for 1 night as we were just in town to pick up our Boxer dog we adopted from a Boxer rescue. We started off at Red Roof Inn, from reviews on this site, BIG MISTAKE!!!! (read my review for red roof). We then tried Comfort Inn and Suites, we first asked to see the rooms after our discusting incounter with Red Roof, we absolutly loved it!!! The rooms were very big, couch, table, chairs, large bathroom, VERY clean beds!!!! microwave/fridge also, needless to say we took the room, we told the girl at the desk about red roofs very dirty rooms!!! In the morning, we woke to find the newspaper at our door, a huge breakfast in the lobby, it had said continental, but it had alot more!!!Was good for free!!! We were so pleased with this hotel, we told the manager we would give them a good write up in trip advisor!!!! We didnt go to the pool or anything like that as we were there at 9:00 pm after an 8 hour drive from Maine. Thanks Comfort Inn and Suites!!!!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank luvtovacation
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2005

What can I say? It's tired, it's aging, it's average.

The place seems to be well-populated with passing trade, making the breakfast area overflow on both mornings I was there, but I can't see why people would choose this hotel. The food was tasty and plentiful, certainly, but nothing ostentatious or outstanding. Nearby is the apparently modern Red Roof, a dour Days Inn and a Holiday Inn - none of these looked special from the exterior either.

The "whirlpool room" I booked was exactly that - a room with a king bed and a large 2 person whirlpool bath right there, in the room. I thought you only got those at seedy Niagara Falls motels!

The decor is showing its age and the mattress had seen better days. The furniture was OK, the whole room both large and functional, and the bathroom suite was fairly standard - worhty of mention here is the decent pressure to the hot water and the new shower head, both of which were a pleasure (even if the shower was slightly low for my 6'2" frame). There was nothing untoward or offensive about the place and all the equipment worked.

There's a business centre next to reception, too. I say business centre, but it's a room with a desk and a computer. Wireless internet access is advertised throughout the property but there are only two settees in the common area. I would have liked a bench outside for the warm evenings, also.

I didn't get time for the pool, but being indoor and heated is a bonus for me.

As for value, I left feeling that $100 per night was a little too much and will try each of the above-mentioned competitors, which are all at Exit 57 on the I90, on my future visits.

Stayed November 2005
6 Thank RaveDJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg
Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Hamburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna
Comfort Suites Buffalo
Comfort Suites Buffalo
#18 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!