“A True Gem”

Daniel's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 126 Restaurants in Hamburg
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Daniels is a locally owned restaurant that specializes in New American Cuisine. We focus on using fresh, local, seasonal ingredients and making sure our guests leave happier than when they arrived by offering a dining experience like no other.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Atmosphere, top notch service, fabulous food, attention to detail, all of what a great dining experience should be. Every dish is excellent, a good selection of starters, entrees and desserts, it was hard to choose. The scallop starter was perfect as was the halibut entrée, and the chocolate bread pudding dessert was excellent. All in all a memorable dining experience

3  Thank herb854

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have had the pleasure of dining at Daniel's for many years. Last year (2013) ownership changed and I can assure anyone that the quality of the food and service remain excellent. The atmosphere has a warmer feel, the previous owners had an almost cool decor to focus on the food. The new look is appealing. I can't describe the complientary taste treat sent from the chef, it was a fois gras dusted with cocoa powder and in an exceptional sauce. My friend's seafood choice which included a lobster risotto and beautiful broiled shrimp, nothing left behind. My filet was perfect, wonderful flavor. Our server, Mark is so professional and went to the trouble of making a salad favorite from the previous menu, greens with a panko crusted goat cheese. He said we have the ingredients we'll make it for you. There is no bar here but the Ketel One martini with plump olives was perfect. My friend's Grey Goose Cosmo also was enjoyed. I couldn't give a stronger recommendation, it is such a pleasure to dine there, no pressure to hurry. Daniel's is worth a trip to the Southtowns. The sort of visit question suits all but young family, when kids are a little older they will enjoy the quality of this restaurant.

1  Thank JaneKN_63
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We've been to the old Daniel's many times. Since it has always been one of our favorite restaurants and after reading the reviews since it's reopening, we decided to go there for a special occasion. The updates they made were really great. The relocation of the coat closet to the entrance way is brilliant. It opened up another window table which we took advantage of. We ordered the Double Rack of Lamb and the Veal/Lobster medallions. Both were excellent and we would order them again! We can't wait to return and not just for a special occasion!! Highly recommend!!

3  Thank rednaxel
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I heard great things about Daniel's so we decided to reserve there for our Anniversary. The service was amazing and the food was excellent. It is in an old house so the atmosphere is quaint and not overcrowded. It was pricey, but WELL worth it, I highly recommend eating here for dinner.

2  Thank JoeyS55
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I was saddened when Chef Dan retired, and Daniel's closed. I was excited, but concerned, when I heard they were reopening. Daniel's is a favorite, and I was hopeful that the new owners and Chef could live up to my expectations. I needn't have been worried.

The wine list is still quite extensive, pricey (but when isn't wine pricey when at a restaurant), and quite diverse. The menu has some of the old favorites, some new favorites and a bit of variety. Certainly not overwhelming, but there were plenty of things I wanted to try!

I started with the Shrimp Spoons, which were a special for the evening. 4 spoons of shrimp, with a little cocktail type sauce, some creamy sauce (believe it was a horseradish type) and topped with deep fried avocado. They were excellent. For my meal, I had the filet; wrapped with smoked bacon and served with mashed potatoes and veggies. I ordered it medium rare, and it was cooked perfectly. The flavor was outstanding - on everything. The meat, the potatoes and the veggies. Fantastic.

I was going to pass on dessert, but when I heard the choices, I had to make room. I had the chocolate cannoli. The cannoli shell was made of dark chocolate, with a cream filling sitting on a bed of fresh raspberries and chocolate pasta. It was divine. My date had the goat cheese cheesecake, which I sampled. It was light, fluffy and oh so tasty.

Needless to say, I can't wait to go back. We don't dine there often, but for special occasions, it is our go to place, and I'm thrilled that they are back, and just as good as before. It was also wonderful to see the same serving staff back. They are all amazing!

4  Thank Brenda R