“Dinner at the "new" Daniel's”
Review of Daniel's

Daniel's
Reserve with OpenTable
Daniel's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 121 Restaurants in Hamburg
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Daniels is a locally owned restaurant that specializes in French American cuisine with modern touches. We focus on using fresh, local, seasonal ingredients and making sure our guests leave happier than when they arrived by offering a dining experience like no other.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were very pleased with the entreés at Daniel's at our recent visit there. The new owners have done a good job keeping some of the favorites on the menu as well as adding some new and very delicious appetizers and other recipes. We were also pleased to see the same, familiar wait staff.

1  Thank pwiedl

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I were disappointed when the old Daniel's closed. This has always been a special place for us to have dinner. We visited the new Daniel's in January and were very happy with our experience. The new ownership brought back much of the wait staff and retained a few of the old menu items.
We have always loved the wait staff here, They are the best in town. Very professional and attentive. Always remember what we drink and happy to make recommendations on the menu.
The menu has been refreshed with some new dishes and my wife and thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our meal. I'm glad to say we have never had even a bad dish at this restaurant and never leave disappointed. If you want an outstanding meal, great service and an intimate setting, then this is the place.

3  Thank MikefromBuffalo
Reviewed February 14, 2014

One of our all-time favorites now open under new management, Daniel's has managed to retain the same high standards as in the past. It's intimate and elegant. The wait staff is outstanding, as is the food. The rack of lamb and sea bass entrees were cooked to perfection and my beet "parfait (beets, goat cheese and pistachios served in a parfait glass) was to die for. I think they serve the best Manhattans in the area! It IS on the expensive side, but with no children, no cell phones and no distracting music, it's well worth the splurge! It's our "go to" place for special occasions. Try it!

3  Thank Nina S
Reviewed December 15, 2013

After mourning the loss of one of Western New York's BEST restaurants and chefs (Chef Daniel Johengen, a master, who moved into a much deserved retirement) we were happy to try the new Daniel's. The excellent wait staff is intact (hooray); but there are new owners, a new hostess, and a new chef. Rumor has it that Chef Daniel has been working with the new chef, training him on a few of the Daniel's signature menu items. So we ordered a few of our favorites, for comparison's sake.

Our first surprise was that the cheapest chardonnay offered cost $43 a bottle. It runs about $16 in a store! Nothing cheaper? Off to a bad start. An attempt was made to duplicate Daniel's amazing rolls…. they were good, but missed the mark. Escargot in crepes were well prepared, but sadly…. the signature sauce was tasteless. Salmon was moist, the mashed potatoes were okay, the sauce….. disappointing. Beef tournedos were reported to be good. Rib eye was ordered medium, but was very close to well done. It bordered on dry. One dessert was ordered and it was poor. Some sort of pudding with a topping and artificial tasting cookies. I thought the new chef had experience at Butterwood's?? French press coffee was delicious. Service was excellent.

ONE appetizer, four entrees, ONE dessert, two coffees, and drinks...…plus tip….… drumroll…… $340!!! OUCH!!! The prices have all been raised. Why? Entrees are very expensive and the wine choices are ridiculously high. We truly didn't have that much food! If they are going to charge these prices, they better be prepared to step up their game and produce food to justify the charge. Most of our food was very good, but not exceptional. I am anxious to see if this Hamburg institution improves with practice.

6  Thank ABCrocks
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Have been to Daniel's several times, & each time is special. Honestly, nothing else like this exists in the entire Buffalo metro area.5 star all the way!! I took my wife & three of my four children here for an extra special treat, & the kids never want to go anywhere else now!! Service is always wonderful, waiters know the menu well & exactly how it's prepared, are always courteous but don't hover like a helicopter. Food is fabulous, always a treat no matter what one orders. I heard that Daniel is closing his doors in just under one month....I can't believe it!! Daniel, I am glad that you will be happy in your retirement, but please think of something that will allow your wonderful restaurant to continue on!! Hamburg will most certainly miss you!!!

2  Thank james b