“Romantic and relaxing stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haines Falls
Rosehaven Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Haines Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This was my boyfriend and I's first trip to a bed and breakfast together (my first time ever, too) and we LOVED it. We needed a quick getaway from NYC and we couldn't have asked for anything more - beautiful, clean home, perfect room to really relax, quiet... I recommend bringing a bottle of wine (they have glasses you can use), some bubbles, and relaxing music.

Kelly was very helpful giving us dinner recommendations and directions to different hiking options. Her breakfast was delicious and just what we needed before a day filled with hiking. I commented how great the mattress was and she even disclosed where she got it from!

We are definately going back!

Room Tip: Loved room 4 (only one we've been in) - super quiet, fireplace (works by turning on a switch...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 18, 2011

9/10 - 16/10 was a delightful week spent in this beautiful B&B with gracious hosts who shared their knowledge of the area abundantly. Breakfasts around a family table where a delight with dietary needs catered for with minimum fuss. Kelly is a very thoughtful hostess who takes care of little details that make guests feel special. I would stay nowhere else when I visit the area again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Elseline
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My husband and I went away for a quick weekend getaway over a three day weekend, we had spoken with Kelly a few times before coming up and were really excited-- and when got there we found the place was very charming. The view and scenery and mountains were very calming and relaxing, the rooms were clean and very well done and decorated and the beds and linens very clean and comfortable....

The drive into the main part of town is less than five minutes, and there were lots of great places to eat, or have a drink, and lots to do nearby.

Only critique- the in room mini fridges have complimentary beverages- ONLY SODA. No bottled water, no pitchers of water left out at the coffee station. We drink lots of water a day, and had to run out to the market and stock up. At the price for the room for a weekend, it should have been there, with out having to ask for glass of iced water. Also, you have to be down for breakfast early; its served between 830am-930 am only. Kelly makes fantastic breakfasts, but it is whatever she has prepared for the morning- no choices.

Walked into CURRANS restaurant- DO NOT GO! No where does it suggest to make reservations- snarky bar tender yelled out to ask if we had reservations (no maitre d or hostess- I mean where does the bartender act as hostess- while still behind the bar??) . I was immediately put off by her tone and demeanor. She said the best she could was 830pm that night (it was 7 pm). Would not have been so bad, but she didnt offer us a seat at the bar, or one of the tables on the bar side? So rude. Walked out, calmly (although I was dying to tell her off) and went down the street to a fantastic restaurant, and was SO GLAD WE DID!!

Room Tip: We had the room with the balcony and enjoyed the view and nature while we drank our wine. Very nice...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Rosehaven Inn for a romantic getaway in the Catskills. We had a great experience. Our room was clean and nicely decorated, with a whirlpool bath and a small porch. The Rosehaven felt very homey, sort of like staying with your nice Aunt. The owner, Kelly, was extremely helpful in giving us advice on where to go in the area, and made us a nice breakfast in the morning. We also loved their old deaf golden retreiver Gandalf, and big maine coon Streak.

The Rosehaven was a little hard to find, but only because our GPS led us to the wrong side of the road. It's better to rely on the directions on the website.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Rosehaven to celebrate our anniversary and we found it to be the perfect romantic getaway. We loved our stay there and can't wait to go back. Kelly, the owner, came out to meet us as we pulled in the parking lot. She could not have been nicer or more helpful. She gave us a tour of the house which is absolutely phenomenal! She showed us to our room which looked exactly like it did in the picture on their website. And to top it off, breakfast the next morning was delicious! Here are some other things that we liked about Rosehaven that we thought were unique and noteworthy:
1. Peace and quiet, inside and out - Nestled in the woods, a 1/2 mile from any main road, the property was peaceful and relaxing and even though the other 3 rooms in the house were occupied, we didn't hear a sound from the other guests.
2. When Kelly gave us the tour of the house she took us into palor room with a bar. On top of the bar was a binder filled with menus from the local restaurants (nice feature). Behind the bar were cutting boards, wine glasses, etc. that we were welcome to use. Great for wine and cheese or an afternoon snack. Again, a nice touch.
3. There were complimentary items throughout - in our room, there was a small fridge with complimentary soft drinks. Also in our room was a small candy dish with Hershey kisses. They also had a Keurig coffee maker in the dining area and we were welcome to help ourselves to coffee whenever we wanted.
4. If your looking for a nice memento from your stay, Rosehaven sells these beautifully handcrafted mugs at a very reasonable price.

Negatives about Rosehaven - there weren't any!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My fiance had taken me here for a long weekend out of the city. This was a charming place, removed from the hectic mess of the city. The rooms and bedrooms/bathrooms were all very well appointed, clean and luxurious - our room even had a cozy fireplace to keep us warm on those cool fall nights. The home is pretty much surrounded by woods as well which gives a nice secluded feel.

The inn was charming but felt a bit dark and spooky, I suppose it goes along with the rustic catskills feel but at times I felt uneasy. Everything here was good but nothing wowed me (I've only stayed in a few b&b's though). The location was fine, not within walking distance of anything but close enough to drive to canoe, hike, restaurants etc.

Overall a very comfortable stay but I didn't feel that it was extraordinary, and it was pretty pricey.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Came back for Memorial Day weekend after having such an amazing stay last year. It was just as good! Hosts are so lovely, welcoming and knowledgeable about the area. Bedroom was very comfortable, bed was heavenly, bathroom enormous, plenty of hot water. Air-conditioning works very well or you can go with open windows and the ceiling fan (important in the summer even up in the Catskills!). The common areas are just gorgeous too - the details in every piece of furniture, stained glass, and wall covering make it so special. Breakfast was simply outstanding - each morning we were welcomed with a smile, coffee or tea, orange juice, a baked good (the scones are still my favorite), a sweet dish (in our three days we had Belgian waffles, pancakes, and insanely delicious baked French toast with a blueberry bottom), and an egg dish. Diet buster :) We were so full that we didn't even need lunch on our hikes. On that note, get their advice - great knowledge of local area and how to enjoy these beautiful mountains.
Writing this review makes me want to go back!!!
Enjoy the Catskills!

#1 of 2 in Tannersville
The Twilight Lodge
The Twilight Lodge
#2 of 2 in Haines Falls

Been to Rosehaven Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!