“Autumn in the Catskills”
Review of Kaaterskill Falls

Kaaterskill Falls
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a very pretty 1 1/2 hour hike. The positives: First, the view of the waterfalls is very nice. Second, it is a good workout. The negatives: We arrived on a Saturday afternoon in October at about 4:30 pm and the parking lot was full. As a result, there were a lot of people on the trail and by the falls. All told, this is well worth doing, but I would try to go early in the morning or late in the afternoon

2  Thank bunkhedena

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I got lost a little with the directions that I found (and had walked a lot looking for it). After asking for directions and driving further up the road, we parked and made the short walk down hill to the trailhead. Bastion Falls is stunning but does not compare to Kaaterskill Falls. When you first see it, you can't help but say WOW!...I did climb a little further to get better pictures but did not go to the second level as the rocks looked wet from rain the night before. I also climbed to the rocks by the pool and took pictures. It is really beautiful. After spending some time here, we went to the top of the waterfall via the Laurel House road in Haines Falls. I loved seeing all the engravings from late 1800's to early 1900's. I found it exhilarating to lay flat on the rocks and look down the fall. This is a great free day trip!

2  Thank hmhmec
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Beautiful views with some basic hiking to get to it, but no hiking 'skills' required. I would highly recommend this attraction. Finding parking can be tough, as the small lot nearby fills up quickly

1  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed October 17, 2013

These lovely falls are peaceful even though they are right on the road. Don't be fooled, There is a hike that is like stairs of rocks that is not too hard to negotiate but worth it. You can go off trail and sit on rocks among the falls. We are in our sixties and I'm not very athletic but I was drawn to the experience and loved it. No fee just a slightly scary walk along the roadway to the entrance. Worth it.

2  Thank Georgine D
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Quick and easy. Lots of spots to leave the trail and go down to the creek and play in the pools. The waterfall at the end is awesome. Don't be an idiot and climb up past the trail end. Lots of people doing it. Lots of people have died.

1  Thank MarkFromUpstateNY