• Free Internet
All reviewspaddle boatslake georgeping pongfull kitchenliving roommodern appliancesshort drivewood fireplaceboth bedroomstrout lakeroute northshuffle boardpaul reverethe eagle's nestflat screenfamily roombeautiful cabin
Reviewed July 13, 2017

From the time we visited at the Trout House in October of 2016 to explore (and book) our next family vacation, throughout our wonderful week there in July, everyone was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. We stayed in the Wheeler House, having a large family for the week. There was something for everyone on land or available to get out on the water with or just fish from the dock. The house was immaculate, and exceptionally nicely designed, decorated and furnished - truly providing a special "Adirondack" atmosphere. The large front porch gave us a wonderful vantage point from which to view and enjoy the lake (perfect place from which to watch the fireworks!) and just relax and enjoy. All in all, this is a a wonderful choice for a family vacation.

Room Tip: Being in the Wheeler House probably gave us one of the best overall location at the resort.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed June 23, 2017

My cousin and I stayed there this week for a couple days with our dogs and we had an amazing time. Very relaxing. I'm sure it had to do with the fact that it was off season but that is exactly what we wanted. No mayhem. Just cocktails on the porch looking at the lake and eating great food. Next time around it's Eagle's Nest for sure. That house looks like it has the best view of all. Super friendly staff. Every person who walked by us said hello and some we conversed with for quite a bit. Can't wait to stay there next year.

Room Tip: It depends on what you are looking for the cottages/lodges are the best if you want your own personal space.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank bigbeat52
Reviewed May 26, 2017

My wife and I first learned about the Trout House Resort several years ago when our children pitched in and gave us a long weekend in "the eagle's nest,"one of the best log cabins on the property. We had such a great time that we have returned every winter.
This place sits on the western shore of Lake George, about 4 miles south of Ticonderoga, New York. If you have never been to this area, the Adirondacks are truly magnificent in the winter. I highly recommend you take the back route, route 9 and route 8 through the mountains, rather than the New York State Thruway to Route 87 North. These roads are well maintained during the winter and are always open and passable. Winter weather is never an excuse not to drive in upstate New York as the road crews do a great job.
The trout house consists of a lodge and a number of separate modern log cabins, fully equipped with kitchens, grills, working wood fireplaces, firewood, hot tubs and expansive views across Lake George. The owners do a great job keeping the place clean and well maintained. We brought some champagne and a couple of 3 inch filets for Saturday night. Friday, we drove 4 miles north to the Sentinel Grille. We enjoyed happy hour at the bar including really reasonably priced draft beers from local craft beer breweries and several appetizers. We joked with a great bartender and very friendly locals.
Within 10 miles are several breathtaking hikes and many miles of scenic routes. Right on Trout House grounds is a half mile hike to a lookout over the lake that is not to be missed! Even though it is winter, there are a number of restaurants open within ten miles.
This last trip we stayed in The Paul Revere Cabin, We loved it. Although it is not nearly as spectacular as the eagle's nest. The "cabins" are decorated in the Adirondack style, but are far from rustic with modern appliances and bathrooms. This place is great for a getaway weekend!

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed May 23, 2017

I just returned from my third stay at Trout House Village, and it never disappoints.

My sister and I stayed in the Mohican cabin for the second year in a row. Last year, we noted that it must have been just remodeled because it looked (and smelled) immaculately new. If this had been my first visit to that cabin, I would have assumed it was just remodeled again this year. The cabins are so well maintained and clean, that it is hard to believe anyone had stayed there since we were there a year ago.

The cabin has a jetted tub, gas fireplace, full kitchen, and reliable wifi. (They also have televisions in each room and shared space, but I can't speak to these, as we didn't use them.)

The area (at least before Memorial Day) is pretty quiet - with few options for food nearby. Consider bringing groceries (or traveling 10 minutes to Ticonderoga to grocery shop) before you arrive!

I keep coming back year after year.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Trouthouse at the end of March. This beautiful place lacked nothing. First of all, the owners and staff were so accommodating, so friendly, and provide the best possible accommodations one could ever ask for. The cabin we stayed in had everything - full kitchen, livingroom, fireplace, wi-fi, TV, plenty of firewood, and not to mention the most spectacular view. Just a wonderful place, and exactly what we needed. Though we did venture out up into Ticonderoga and then into Vermont, we spent a lot of time in and around our beautiful cabin. We will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: I don't believe any of the rooms would not be satisfactory. They are all exceptional.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple