“First Family Vacation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hague
Trout House Village Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hague
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just got back from our first 4 night family vacation at the Trout House.

I found out about this hidden gem on my drive up to Burlington for business. (I live in Long Island, NY). Drove right by it and wrote it down on a scrap piece of paper....glad I did. Once I found out it was dog friendly outside of summer it looked like the perfect place to bring the entire family for our first true family vacation.

The Paul Revere cabin was exactly as advertised on the website, maybe even better, since it had flatscreens (the website had older looking TVs). Very comfortable, we even loved the way the sound the screen door made when it closed.

Views, cabin, games and activities at the resort, etc are unbeatable. One morning I took the kayak for a ride to the other side of the lake and back. Each way was about 1.5 miles. When I got out to the middle of the lake I looked around and the views were even more breath-taking. My 360 degree view was beautiful lake water and in the far distance rolling green mountains as far as the eye can see in the background.

The town of Hague, "downtown" is just a 5 minute walk from resort, is beautifully country and super small, nothing in town more than a quaint market but for a family of ours who work in Midtown Manhattan, it was exactly what we were looking for. Walking our dogs in town would always turn into nice conversations with the locals. After the 2nd day you would bump into the same people on the street or in the market and expand on your conversations from the prior day. It was a great vacation.

Only minor drawback was that if we want to bring the dogs back it could not be in the summer months. Although they are one of the few dog friendly places that we found.

It was no surprise when I learned that most people who visit Trout House, especially in the summer, leave their deposit for next year before going home.

On the drive home we were already speaking to my sister about a joint family vacation next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RobertB1976
There are newer reviews for Trout House Village Resort

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This year will be my 8th visit to Trout House. I've always stayed at the Iroquois chalet. Always loved it. The fireplace and beautiful views along with the lovely log cabins and quaint setting are the main draw. I always visit in the Fall with my three sisters (when our scheduals permit), we love to catch up with each others lives and take it easy, drink in the scenic views and be calm and that is what we get. The staff has always been helpful and kind. We never miss visiting the chapel a few miles up the road. Looking forward to this years visit. We always take a hike up the hill in the back to see the lovely view of the lake. (I'm posting a pic taken up there.)

Room Tip: The Chalets are the most expensive cabins at the Trout House but they are worth it. There is a steep...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jstwinkle
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I (with our dog) recently completed a 2 week road trip from Boston to Illinois, ending our weekend at Trout House. Being dog-friendly in the off-season, and a quick drive from Boston, the Trout House made for a relaxing, enjoyable closing to our travels. We were able to hike, canoe, and fish- all at our own leisure and without the hassel of checking equipment out or signing up. The views from our cabin (Eagles view) were spectacular- morning coffee in rocking chairs on the deck was certainly a highlight each day. We would definately stay again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Megan M
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights while on 2 week road trip around upstate NY. Chose Trout House because close to Fort Ticonderoga & was looking for place to chill out mid-trip. Trout House was perfect. Had the Eagle's View cabin. Spacious, great bathroom with soaking tub and seperate shower. Also had washer/dryer so could do mid-trip laundry conveniently. Beautiful view of lake. MUCH, MUCH preferred Trout House location in sleepy little town of Hague over area further south on Lake George, i.e. Lake George Village, etc. Resorts there were on top of each other. Can only imagine how congested it is during high season. Alice at Trout House was very friendly and relaxed. Nice general store around corner to get breakfast in morning. Not many dinner choices in evening during off-season, but as we'd been eating out every night thus far, we decided to throw together some chili in the cabin and eat on the front porch. Was perfect evening, watching the sunset over the lake. Will definitely stay at Trout House again next time we're in area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The property is very well run. It is a lovely location on the lake. We rented the Cozy Cabin and loved it. It had a gas fireplace for when it got nippy. Nice view of the lake from the deck. We were very comfortable. The beach is very nice and well kept up with plenty of seating and lounges. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We (myself and my husband) have been here several times and have stayed in several of the cabins. ALL are clean, comfortable and exactly as the pictures state they are!
We visit during the off season-check in on Fri night and usually don't leave until checkout on Sunday! It's a great place for alone time!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsSipster
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Get ready to fall in love with the splendor of the natural surroundings and the rustic elegance of your log cabin or chalet... My husband and I found our own piece (and peace!) of magical "Camelot" at The Trout House Village Resort, farther north, and therefore removed, from the noisier and more touristy southern shores of magnificent Lake George. We stayed through the winter holidays in the wonderful open space of the Eagle's Nest. No matter where I was located inside the chalet, I could view the changing hues of the lake throughout the day.
Looking across, the mystic bluish-grey of the Adirondack Mountains seemed to protect not only the lake's serenity, but my own as well.

The accomodations are also stunning. The log cabin theme blends naturally into the mountainside overlooking the lake. Every cabin has a generous open porch area, well-furnished with substantial wooden Adirondack outdoor furniture, and a grilling area. Whether you are grilling, eating, or just relaxing, Lake George spreads before you in its full magnificence. Every cabin also has a fireplace, with chopped wood stocked for your convenience. A DVD player, CD player, radio, and multiple flatscreens supplement your entertainment choices. Our chalet also contained a washer and dryer.
Our bathrooms contained Jacuzzis, (real) tiled floors, and highly polished wood and brass features. The open-style kitchen was a wonder-- fully stocked with beautiful country-style dishes, a dishwasher, and every accoutrement we could possibly need. The open-floor plan including the living room, fireside viewing, dining area, loft bedroom, and the kitchen are decorated throughout in true Adirondack style-- a reflection of natural, outdoor living.

Finally (I've left the best for last), generous and well-deserved kudos to the innkeepers of Trout House Village Resort-- Alice and Scott Patchett-- and every staff member. The guests are definitely put first at this resort. As a guest, you will receive warmth, kindness, and consideration that might be a bit unexpected! It seems that every aspect of your stay has been carefully thought out-- your needs have been anticipated, and your comfort has been ensured. You will be surrounded by happy people who love their work; you will find yourself longing to return, even before you have left the lovely shores of lakeside Trout House.

Room Tip: The two chalets and the cottages are more private than the regular log cabins.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shea17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hague
Best Western Plus Ticonderoga Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Hague
The Stone House Motel
The Stone House Motel
#4 of 6 in Ticonderoga

Been to Trout House Village Resort? Share your experiences!