“Generally decent southern Italian food”
Review of Tesoro

Tesoro
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Guilderland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I've had some mixed experiences at this restaurant so I was debating between 3 & 4 stars. The chef, who is from Calabria, was the Executive Chef at Lombardo’s (an Italian restaurant which has been open over 75 years in downtown Albany) until September 2008, when he opened Tesoro in Guilderland. As the restaurant website notes that scallopine di vitello al prosciutto e formaggio (veal scallopine with prosciutto and cheese) was the chef's favorite dish to prepare, my friend ordered this. I ordered another entree, & we split both. While the veal sauce was flavorful, this chef's favorite dish was quite salty. The other 2 diners enjoyed their entrees though. FYI, the lunch & dinner entrees include salad, which is nice. If you'd like to try this restaurant, you might want to eat lunch there, which is more inexpensive, & see what you think.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The best sauce west of Sicily! Excellent entree's. Not sure what to have? Ask for Nick to round out the Italian dining experience.
Very enjoyable evening!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Food was so so, service wasn't very good but then it was new years eve. Asked the waitress to take a photo of my wife and I as we were finishing up and she says "hurry up!'

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have visited this restaurant on several occasions and have nothing but positive opinions of the food. The homemade sauce is excellent--one of the best in the area. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I ordered from here for the first time 3/20/2013. I placed my order via phone for pick up. On Wendesdays they have a family meal deal for $19.95 - feeds 4 including entree, salad and bread. This was an excellent deal however it is not what I ordered lol.

My order was ready on time and was hot and fresh and smelled amazing on the way home.
Appetizer: Zuppa Fantasia. This was very good. The broth had an excellent flavor, the totellini was not mushy and suprisingly I did enjoy the egg - I was worried that the egg would be too slimey but it was fine.

Entree:
Husband got spaghetti with meatballs. Came with a salad which was average. They did put the dressing on both of our salads rather than in a separate container which was annoying because it spilled all over the bottom of the bag. Husband liked his and ate most of it.

I ordered Pasta della Massaia. This was very good. It was a trio of lasagna, tortellini and fettucini alfredo. I loved the red sauce and the alfredo. The portions were generous. I loved the blue cheese dressing.

They gave us a hunk of italian bread that was NOT stale and was perfect for mopping up the remaining sauce!

It was pricey - oaver $40 for 2 entree's and the soup but for a special occaision it is worth it. I would highly recommend!

2  Thank Stephanie M