“Amazing place to go”

The Restaurant at Benn Conger Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is by far the best restaurant in our county ! The owners are wonderful people, and very personable. They are so kind and want to make sure everything is perfect, which it always is ! I recommend this to everyone ! The food is amazing, really amazing great variety and very good prices. The Inn is spectacular, beautifully decorated cozy , pristine clean and with everything you would need! My husband and I have made this our anniversary destination spot ! I had never met the owners before a few years ago, they make you feel like you have been friends forever.

2  Thank CherylAnneScott
There are newer reviews for The Restaurant at Benn Conger Inn

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The owners are charming. We are locals,so there just for meals and not a room. The weekend buffet is super reasonable and a nice elegant mansion setting with plenty of views of the outdoors!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have worked with the owners Peter and Doug for over a year bringing this wedding together. I feel as if they are now a part of my family. I was more than comfortable to discuss any aspect including the issues which they handled without a blink of the eye. Everything that I requested from specific wine to a certain way to fold my napkins was done without question. Please see the pictures as words cannot fully explain how classy and fun the wedding was! Dinner was amazing - I have to say the best crab cakes we have ever had (and my husband is from Florida)! The beef wellington could be cut with a butter knife. No need for a coordinator with Peter and Doug - their staff stayed in touch with me through the night to be sure everything moved smoothly. The grounds and building are absolutely stunning and all of my guests loved the rooms they stayed in. The fireplace and whirlpool tub made for a romantic evening for my new husband and I! The next morning I was again impressed with the breakfast they had prepared for us and all of the hospitality! I can't say enough about the owners and staff or the quality and attention to detail! Thank you for making my dream wedding come true!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Benn Conger Inn has a wonderful and intimate bar and great dining rooms. The hosts make the experience special. It is well worth trip. It is a beautiful region with so much to do. The Benn Conger is a great gateway to all the Finger Lakes has to offer in all seasons.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

As other reviewers have stated, the owners add a personal touch by interacting with the customers. The dining rooms are well laid out and well appointed. Based on the menu, the items were very reasonably priced. The quality of the food was the dissapointment. The dinner rolls were standard grocery store fair and was used in both the French Onion Soup as a "crouton" and as the "crustini" for the artichoke heart appetizer. Too much of very unappealing bread. I had the Veal Oscar, but the veal was deep fried to the extent that the veal flavor was overpowered by the fried food flavor. The other entree was the duck which appeared to also be fried and then simply doused with a jarred orange jam. Both dishes were mediocre at best and uninspiring. The "house" dessert (banana Baileys cake) was the best but we found out that it is not even made on site. The ambiance of the inn can not overcome the limited food quality.

3  Thank Roger O
goodcomments, Owner at The Restaurant at Benn Conger Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

In 2012 we were given an excellent rating from Tripadvisor.
We continuosly strive to provide not only excellent service, but a quality meal & stay.
We sometimes cannot please all customers. Maybe we are not the right fit for what they are looking for. We do repect comments and continuosly strive to always be better.
An interesting observation about this review is that the individuals were staying at a competitor's
Inn and Restaurant. Food for thought!