“This B&B is a great bargain and I would stay there again--great ambiance!”
Review of Benn Conger Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groton
Benn Conger Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Groton B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I attended a family wedding at the Benn Conger and was pleasantly surprised by the elegant B & B. The restoration of this lovely old home is excellent, and there is also a victorian cottage next door that has been restored. The restaurant served good meals and the guys who run it are warm and engaging people. I would visit this area again and would definitely stay at the Benn Conger if I had the opportunity again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Went up for a family wedding and the B&B was a find. Beautiful old mansion. Had a wonderful stay. The innkeepers went out of their way making sure my large extended family was comfortable. Though the wedding wasn't held at the B&B, it makes a beautiful setting for one. A huge plus to have a restaurant in the premises. Four stars in my book.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2010

My wife and I had our wedding reception at the Benn Conger Inn in 1995, but I had never spent the night there as we went to a different B&B for privacy. The BCI was owned by a different couple back then and we have wonderful memories of that special night.

We finally had a chance to celebrate our 15-year anniversary and decided to return to the Benn Conger Inn for the first time since that night and have dinner and spend the night. It was well worth it! The food was delicious, and the innkeepers, Doug and Peter (no relation to the previous owners), were very warm and accommodating.

We stayed in the main house in a large, quiet, and comfortable room (I think they call it the Congress Suite, or something similar). We got a wonderful night's sleep with nothing to interfere with our stay.

Breakfast was just a typical continental breakfast with some good pastries, fruit, cereal, etc., but Peter offered to make eggs for us and came out with excellent scrambled eggs. I had plenty to eat as we geared up to spend the day in Ithaca.

Overall, we had a very pleasant and enjoyable stay. If you want a quiet and romantic stay, then we highly recommend having dinner and spending the night at the Benn Conger Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2010

The very cordial innkeepers make your stay at the Benn Conger Inn very comfortable and pleasant. Some of the rooms have terrific jacuzzi tubs and private balconies; other rooms are very spacious and gracious. The setting is quiet and restful -- an ideal get-away for anyone living in a metropolitan or suburban area. Breakfasts are home-baked and inventive; dinner is very affordable and tasty. Groton is an easy drive from Ithaca and several state parks -- and road travel is easy and relaxing in this part of New York. Moreover, Doug and Peter will give expert advice as you plan your day-trips and make any other dining plans. Lodging is reasonably priced here, quite a good deal -- and you get so much more than a room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed for three days and wished we could have stayed longer. Our room was charming and inviting. We were accommodated with a private room for our dinner party of seven. The atmosphere was intimate and made the occasion special. The dinner was delicious, the service was wonderful. Mostly I can't say enough about our hosts. They were engaging, met our every need and wish. Our stay was memorable and we will definateely return when we are in New York again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I have just returned from the Finger Lakes region of New York State. Spent a wonderful two days at the Benn Conger Inn in the small village of Groton, NY. It was a wonderful place to stay with all the amenities but the quaintness of a small inn. Just perfect place to stay with wonderful owners and staff. Our meal was for a small group of business colleagues, appr. 15, and it was superb. The food was excellent, service was perfect and had a lovely evening. Rooms were very large and roomy with our bathroom having a whirlpool tub.
I would wholeheartedly recommend this business and am hoping that I will return in the future for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Went for my friend's wedding. Pete and Doug were great helping set up all the details to make her day special. The room I stayed in was wonderful, with a huge bathroom and really comfortable bed. I wish I could have been able to stay longer unfortunately I had an early morning flight to make, Pete and Doug made sure I had something to take with me for the road and I have to say the pistachio muffin was great. Highly recommend the inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo

Been to Benn Conger Inn? Share your experiences!