“Second Great Stay”
Review of Benn Conger Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groton
Benn Conger Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Groton B&B and Inns
Schuylerville, New York
“Second Great Stay”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This year we stayed at the Benn Conger Inn for a "Happy event" - my great-nephew's wedding! We stayed in the Victoria Cottage Room which was absolutely beautiful and painted in 3 shades of soothing blue. Breakfast each morning (we were there for two nights) was delicious. Doug and Peter are very friendly and accommodating. It was like visiting with old friends. I hope that we have another opportunity to visit the area again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Bath, New York
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I attended a small group meeting at the Inn today, and in spite of the rainy weather, the day was wonderful. Thank you, Peter, for being so attentive to our needs and feeding us so well!
It was a lovely day, and I hope to come back for fun...

Room Tip: Those we peeked at were all gorgeous...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Montgomery, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Doug and Peter put forth great effort to satisfy our needs before we even arrived - adjusting to our ever changing accommodations, to include changing of a set of rooms 24 hrs prior to our arrival. They made us feel like we were their most important people there. Our stay felt very home like, which made everyone extremely comfortable.

Dinner was excellent - they had a wide variety to choose from, they were very timely providing us with our dinner and the dinner was absolutely fantastic.

We will be looking to stay at the Benn Conger Inn whenever we make trips back into Groton.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We spent a Sat. night at the BCI, and we really enjoyed it. The room was spacious with a great bath and a walkout deck that overlooked the lawn. The bed was very comfortable. Doug and Peter were great - they mixed a great margarita and got coffee and scones for us when we had to leave a bit early before the traditional breakfast time. Only downside was the guest above us who was a little noisy. We highly recommend staying at the Benn Conger.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hudson, OH
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I rented a suite at the Benn Conger Inn this weekend for Friday and Saturday (Ithaca College graduation). Doug and Peter ( the owners), Christina ( most charming and hospitable in charge of maintaining the rooms) Rebecca (our dinner server) and everyone we made contact with were so attentive, gracious and accomodating. My mother stayed in the Victorian House suite along with my brother. The decor is so tastefully done. This place is absolutely stunning and what really makes it shine are the hosts. We all ate dinner at the Benn Conger Inn; The Bacon wrapped Pork Medallions were tender & tasty. they deserve a 7 star review. I made a request to change my meal after it was prepared and they did so without a blink of an eye. Love you guys

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony except the one we had, however, do not fret it has a jacuzzi to die for!!!
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Doug and Peter - I can't thank you enough for what a wonderful atmosphere you created for my boys' First Communion. As soon as the guests arrived they felt like they were at home and we were all one big family. The food was fantastic (per usual) and the rooms were beautiful. We never wanted for anything because it was all taken care of. Your personable way of running things is exceptional. This was a huge event for my family and I couldn't have done it without you guys holding my hand the whole way through the planning process and taking care of us while we were there. Your staff was extremely friendly and you could tell that they truly cared about all of the guests and making sure everyone was happy. Thank you so much for everything and I feel truly blessed to have been able to share this event with people like you.

Room Tip: We stayed in the fire place suite and my son's Godmother stayed in the other suite. They are bo...
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The owners of the Inn, Doug and Peter were so wonderful with my children. They tailored the menu for them and provided a spacious backyard for them to run around. I never felt that the kids were a bother but instead felt they were most welcome. Doug and Peter chatted and laughed with them, set their breakfast out earlier than usual and gave them a chance to stay in a "fancy mansion". Thank you for the clean, spacious and beautifully decorated suite. And, a blackened tuna dinner my husband and I are still talking about!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite has a enclosed sun porch with a great view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
Best Western Plus Finger Lakes Inn & Suites
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University

Been to Benn Conger Inn? Share your experiences!