“What went wrong? Absolutely nothing!!!”
Review of Benn Conger Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groton
Benn Conger Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Groton B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I rented a suite at the Benn Conger Inn this weekend for Friday and Saturday (Ithaca College graduation). Doug and Peter ( the owners), Christina ( most charming and hospitable in charge of maintaining the rooms) Rebecca (our dinner server) and everyone we made contact with were so attentive, gracious and accomodating. My mother stayed in the Victorian House suite along with my brother. The decor is so tastefully done. This place is absolutely stunning and what really makes it shine are the hosts. We all ate dinner at the Benn Conger Inn; The Bacon wrapped Pork Medallions were tender & tasty. they deserve a 7 star review. I made a request to change my meal after it was prepared and they did so without a blink of an eye. Love you guys

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony except the one we had, however, do not fret it has a jacuzzi to die for!!!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Doug and Peter - I can't thank you enough for what a wonderful atmosphere you created for my boys' First Communion. As soon as the guests arrived they felt like they were at home and we were all one big family. The food was fantastic (per usual) and the rooms were beautiful. We never wanted for anything because it was all taken care of. Your personable way of running things is exceptional. This was a huge event for my family and I couldn't have done it without you guys holding my hand the whole way through the planning process and taking care of us while we were there. Your staff was extremely friendly and you could tell that they truly cared about all of the guests and making sure everyone was happy. Thank you so much for everything and I feel truly blessed to have been able to share this event with people like you.

Room Tip: We stayed in the fire place suite and my son's Godmother stayed in the other suite. They are bo...
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The owners of the Inn, Doug and Peter were so wonderful with my children. They tailored the menu for them and provided a spacious backyard for them to run around. I never felt that the kids were a bother but instead felt they were most welcome. Doug and Peter chatted and laughed with them, set their breakfast out earlier than usual and gave them a chance to stay in a "fancy mansion". Thank you for the clean, spacious and beautifully decorated suite. And, a blackened tuna dinner my husband and I are still talking about!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite has a enclosed sun porch with a great view.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the inn and could not be happier about our accomodations!!! The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. The owners went above and beyond in providing a comfortable and relaxing stay. My father grew up in Groton and we had a wonderful conversation with the owners reminiscing about the rich history of the area. We particularly enjoyed a delicious (huge) breakfast with fresh baked goodies! The inn is beautiful inside and out! This was our second visit to the inn, and we look forward to returning in the future. We love the home and the warm welcome we receive! Thank you for such a memorable visit!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had the most wonderful experience at the Ben Conger. My family was provided top notch service that was memorable. The Inn Keepers went out of their way to meet the needs of my fussy children's food needs. I felt very at home at this Inn.

Room Tip: Cant go wrong with this place
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I just experienced the party of a lifetime! My 70th Birthday celebration was given by two of my sons at the Benn Conger Inn in Groton, NY. Over three days we occupied all of the wonderful guest rooms, which were spacious, immaculate, and in keeping with the Inn's lovely period. My room looked over the large green yard with Gazebo. We had wonderful breakfasts and dinners; and the main event, a brunch open house for 150 of my family and best friends. The wait staff worked hard, with attention to food and service. The many beautiful dining rooms and lounge areas accommodated all of my guests perfectly. Owners Doug and Peter were constantly assessing everyone's needs, but seemed to enjoy their guests. We certainly enjoyed them and our time there! Thanks also to Andrea, who did my makeup and hair; and Wendy, who made my cake - you are an artist! I truly know and believe the Benn Conger is the perfect place for a party!
Joanne L. Carpenter

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My brother and I selected the Benn Conger Inn as the site for our mother's 70th birthday celebration weekend. We were immediately drawn to the period elegance and wonderful dining spaces on the main floor which allowed for our many guests. The well appointed guest rooms & suites located onsite was a rare find in the greater Ithaca area. Our special occasion was made memorable and yes... fabulous by Peter & Doug and their staff. Peter with his creative and flexible menus, food and beverages were delicious and beautifully presented. Doug handled guest check in, special requests, details... and cocktails flawlessly! Wendy created the most stunning birthday cake and Andrea pampered mom with make-up, hair & nails. Katelyn along with the wait staff and housekeepers were EACH an absolute dream and the truest example of hospitality we had ever experienced. The Benn Conger was without question the most stunning back drop and perfect place and for an occasion we will now treasure for the rest of our lives!
David J. Carpenter
Director, Catering Sales
Rochester Riverside Convention Center

Room Tip: All Rooms are excellent; very quiet and have their own baths. Guest rooms at the Inn feel very auth...
1  Thank Carpenter13

Been to Benn Conger Inn? Share your experiences!