“A Perfect Spot in the Finger Lakes Region”
Review of Benn Conger Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groton
Benn Conger Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Groton B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were attending a meeting at Cornell and tried the historic Benn Conger Inn for the first time after many years of staying in the Ithaca area. Our room in the Victorian House was spacious, attractively decorated, and very comfortable in every way. Each room had its own balcony overlooking the beautiful property. We had an outstanding dinner with a very nice wine selection, and the breakfasts were delicious and perfect in a "greenhouse" setting. The formal dining rooms are most attractive, and one includes an elegant mural. Doug and Peter were most accommodating and helpful. The main building at the Inn is a beautiful, historic Colonial Revival tastefully restored for its present use.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be attractive, spacious, and with similar accommodations though decorated in...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Benn Conger is an amazing well oiled machine!!! I was attending a wedding for a dear friend and was amazed with the Inn. The owners we fantastic and like other reviews the owners were on top of every detail. From the Harvest Salad with a champagne apple vineagarette to the Chicken Picatta...tops! The staff were equally delightful and were attentive to all of our needs. I stayed in the Celedon room and it must have had z-quil in the sheets, lol, never slept better other than home base.

A very tranquil experience for the Finger Lakes.

Thanks Peter and Doug!

Room Tip: Have the deep fried stuffed olives.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

To sum it up in one word....MAGNIFICO! It was an absolutely beautiful and perfect weekend at The Benn Conger Inn where my son and his partner were married at the gazebo on this gorgeous property with the fall setting. From beginning to end, the owners, Peter and Doug, were amazing. When I made the arrangements and spoke with them on the phone last December, I knew in my heart it was going to be a wonderful experience. However, I had no idea just how wonderful. All their personal recommendations from ordering the cake, flowers, and the officiant were excellent. Not only was the cake beautiful, it was filled with raspberry filling and it was delicious! The flowers were spectacular and the officiant...she presented a beautiful ceremony that touched our hearts! Did I mention how great the food is? Oh my goodness! Don't leave without tasting their signature cake!! Did I mention the accommodations? Oh my, absolutely beautiful! My room had a fireplace and jacuzzi. What more could a girl ask for? Bottom line, Peter and Doug go way above and beyond in making sure your stay is a wonderful experience. I love these guys and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Any of them! They are all quaint and cozy and beautiful! My favorite was the blue room which I sta...
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We held our rehearsal dinner at the Benn Conger Inn and could not have been more pleased. Peter and Doug were incredibly attentive, thorough, and thoughtful. They assisted us with planning all of the details and even remembering what we forgot, which was extremely helpful when trying to plan a wedding! We received rave reviews of the food as well as the setting. We would not have changed anything about our rehearsal dinner--it was wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you are looking for a wonderful B&B experience, the Benn Conger Inn is for you. A beautiful Victorian mansion in the Finger Lakes Region of NY where the staff is warm and attentive, the atmosphere elegant (yet cozy), the food exceptional and the innkeepers/owners were extremely helpful with any situation that came up. My room in the Victorian Cottage was great - and I am spoiled about beds (I have a Sleep Number at home) - the bed provided was exceptionally comfortable. The bath w/jacuzzi was large enough for me and the "caboodles" of cosmetics and hair products I find essential to traveling! Furnishings were very tasteful and wonderfully comfortable...and they serve Costa Rican coffee (the best in my opinion)! Hats off to Doug and Peter for making our October/2012 wedding an absolute delight!! Molly

Room Tip: Innkeepers were great at describing every room and providing the pros and cons of each. I would trus...
Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you are looking for a wonderful B&B experience, the Benn Conger Inn is for you. A beautiful Victorian mansion in the Finger Lakes Region of NY where the staff is warm and attentive, the atmosphere is elegant (yet cozy), the food was exceptional and the innkeepers/owners were extremely helpful with any situation that came up. My room in the Victorian Cottage was great - and I am spoiled about beds (I have a Sleep Number at home) - the bed provided was very comfortable, the bath w/jacuzzi was great. Furnishings were elegant and comfortable...and they serve Costa Rican coffee (the best)!! Hats off to Doug and Peter for making our October/2012 wedding an absolute delight! Molly

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We traveled from Ohio to the Benn Conger Inn to celebrate a very special family wedding. The Inn is beautiful, but what sets it apart from all the others are the owners, Peter and Doug. From the moment the wedding planning started, they were much more than just helpful. They assisted with everything and we were not disasppointed once we made the trip. We were weclomed with open arms (all 19 of us!) into a beautiful, warm family environment that made our event even more special. When we left, we felt as though we were leaving our family home and we can't wait to visit again. THANK YOU Peter and Doug!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Benn Conger Inn? Share your experiences!