“Benn Conger Inn, Groton, NY”
Review of Benn Conger Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groton
Benn Conger Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Groton B&B and Inns
Howard, Ohio
“Benn Conger Inn, Groton, NY”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you are looking for a wonderful B&B experience, the Benn Conger Inn is for you. A beautiful Victorian mansion in the Finger Lakes Region of NY where the staff is warm and attentive, the atmosphere elegant (yet cozy), the food exceptional and the innkeepers/owners were extremely helpful with any situation that came up. My room in the Victorian Cottage was great - and I am spoiled about beds (I have a Sleep Number at home) - the bed provided was exceptionally comfortable. The bath w/jacuzzi was large enough for me and the "caboodles" of cosmetics and hair products I find essential to traveling! Furnishings were very tasteful and wonderfully comfortable...and they serve Costa Rican coffee (the best in my opinion)! Hats off to Doug and Peter for making our October/2012 wedding an absolute delight!! Molly

Room Tip: Innkeepers were great at describing every room and providing the pros and cons of each. I would trus...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Howard, Ohio
Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you are looking for a wonderful B&B experience, the Benn Conger Inn is for you. A beautiful Victorian mansion in the Finger Lakes Region of NY where the staff is warm and attentive, the atmosphere is elegant (yet cozy), the food was exceptional and the innkeepers/owners were extremely helpful with any situation that came up. My room in the Victorian Cottage was great - and I am spoiled about beds (I have a Sleep Number at home) - the bed provided was very comfortable, the bath w/jacuzzi was great. Furnishings were elegant and comfortable...and they serve Costa Rican coffee (the best)!! Hats off to Doug and Peter for making our October/2012 wedding an absolute delight! Molly

Newark, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We traveled from Ohio to the Benn Conger Inn to celebrate a very special family wedding. The Inn is beautiful, but what sets it apart from all the others are the owners, Peter and Doug. From the moment the wedding planning started, they were much more than just helpful. They assisted with everything and we were not disasppointed once we made the trip. We were weclomed with open arms (all 19 of us!) into a beautiful, warm family environment that made our event even more special. When we left, we felt as though we were leaving our family home and we can't wait to visit again. THANK YOU Peter and Doug!

Lexington, Va
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed 2 nights here. Had a wonderful meal and my wife an I were treated like royalty by the owners. Our stay was both quiet and restful. The inn itself is as beautiful as a museum and the food exceptional. I would recommend a stay here to anyone. It one of the best kept secrets in all of the Finger Lakes, a real jewel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Old Forge, New York
Reviewed October 16, 2012

You could never ask for better hosts than Peter and Doug. They are both gracious and have a wonderful staff. Food was great, rooms comfortable, and the area lovely. Thanks so much for a great time! FYI...order dessert!

Willimantic, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We lucked out finding the Benn Conger Inn during the busy holiday weekend and got the last room. The accomodations were very cozy with no detail overlooked. The owners made us feel special and catered to our personal needs and likes. The price was very reasonable for all the personal touches. They helped us located lodging for another part of our trip and gave us lots of great infomation and recommendations for places in the area to visit, shop and eat. Do yourself a favor and book it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was traveling to the finger lakes area on short notice for a meeting last week. I was fortunate that there was a vacancy at the Benn Conger Inn. After a very long drive and a difficult few hours of meetings, I arrived at the Inn ready to relax and unwind. I had read about the Inn's restaurant and was looking forward to a nice quiet meal. Unfortunately, I did not realize I had arrived after the restaurant closed for the day.

Initially Peter said he could recommend some nearby restaurants. However, I am sure by the look on my face, Peter realized that getting back in the car to drive anywhere was not something I was looking forward to. The weather had turned quite chilly and it was also raining.

Peter then offered to whip up a simple dinner if I would like. What a great host! I indeed take him up on his offer and within a short time a delicious meal was sent over to my room in the Cottage. I was able to eat a wonderful meal by the warm fireplace in my room and settle in for the evening.

The following morning, breakfast was equally delicious as Peter cooked up Eggs Benedict for the guests and Doug served, making sure everyone was comfortable and happy. After a leisurely breakfast I was ready for my 5 hour trip back home.

I would recommend the Benn Conger Inn highly if your travels brings you to this beautiful part of NY State.

Thanks again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Best Western Plus Finger Lakes Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca

Been to Benn Conger Inn? Share your experiences!