All reviews benn conger the main house jacuzzi tub finger lakes quiche chain hotels great hosts fresh fruit short drive ithaca college accommodations mansion antiques relaxation porch wineries
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I have been guest of the Benn Conger Inn several times. We always have a beautiful, comfortable room, and the meals we have had in the restaurant have been wonderful. The staff is fun, friendly, and always accomodating. I have recommended the Inn to family and friends, and they have all been equally as satisfied. If in the Finger Lakes area, I would definitely recommend the Benn Conger.

Room tip: I especially love the blue provincial in the main house, but the rooms in the Dempsey house have gas fireplaces & jacuzzis
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed for two nights and didn't want to leave !! The stay was amazing and so relaxing . I would recomend the Benn Conger to anyone ! All the rooms were immaculate , feels like home there !

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Our room was in the separate house and was very clean, however, there were no closets or anyplace to hang your clothes. The king size bed was pretty firm which some people may like but we're used to a more softer bed. I would have picked another room if I had know that and gotten one with a closet. I've stayed at a lot of B&B's over the past 20 years and the thing about B&B's is that you expect to get a good, home cooked breakfast. I was very disappointed! After reading all the reviews that were raving over the food, I was quite shocked on what we were given. The coffeecake was just so-so, way too much streusal along with cantaloupe, cereals and yogurt. The next day we had quiche which I am quite positive it was store brought. They could have at least taken it out of the foil tins and presented it more classy on a nice dish. The quiche had an odd flavor to it as if the cheese was getting strong plus they had the usual cereal, cantaloupe and yogurt....no fresh muffins, sausage, bacon, etc. I hate to say it but I've had more variety staying at a Hampton Inn.

Now for the dinner, the portions were large and the service was good. I had veal oscar. The veal patties were breaded and I would bet they were frozen. I have purchased the Knorr packets of hollandaise sauce for an eggs benedict and the hollandaise sauce on the veal tasted like a package mix...definitely didn't taste like home made. The asparagus was a little woody too. The potatoes were almost black and were very salty. The french onion soup was very flavorful. The desserts were good and a nice wine selection.

The dining room is very elegant and pretty. We ate out on the back sunroom for dinner and a family was there with their disruptive, noisy, out-of-control kids which kind of ruined it a little.

The owners are very friendly.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank cleanqueen75
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed in the lilac room and loved it. The owners are hospitable and accommodating. The bar is small but adequately equipped and generous. Beautiful dining rooms. We enjoyed every minute.

Room tip: Stayed in the Lilac Room and recommend it. Saw no others but heard favorable comments.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This was such a wonderful place to stay for a weekend. My family and I were visiting relatives and were looking for a nice place to stay and came across this one based on the great reviews. I must say that Douglas made me feel so comfortable from the very first call I made to inquire about their inn. I knew from the moment I booked it that it would be a good experience! Both Douglas and Peter greeted us with a warm welcome from the very start and were very welcoming of our two boys, ages 8 and 5 who happen to be two very energetic boys! The room was VERY clean and decorated so nicely; it was a home away from home. I happen to be very picky about where I stay and I honestly could not find one thing to complain about! Their continental breakfast was good and on Sunday they jazzed it up with a delicious egg casserole, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, yogurt, etc. They were so sweet to even give the boys a box of cereal they were raving about! (made the boys' morning)
In addition, they were super helpful informing us regarding kid friendly places to visit. We took their advises and were very pleased : )
This place is a keeper and we plan to visit it again when we are in town. We all feel like we gained two new friends : )

• Trip type: Traveled with family