“Nice people and views!”

The New Continental Hotel & Restaurant
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The staff & service was very nice. you could see where the chef paid attention to details, like a compound butter served with the rolls, hand cut french fries that are served with your choice of several homemade dipping sauces (garlic aioli was very good). The location and view are very nice! the history of the building was very interesting along with some of the antique artifacts in the lobby and bar. The one downfall to my experience is a personal pet peeve...the hamburger that was served with cheddar cheese, the garlic aioli, lettuce & tomato on a nice roll was not a fresh made burger! It was a very healthy portion but it was a frozen pre-made product! If you are going to all that trouble to make things from scratch go the extra step and make your burgers! I will go back again but not for the burger.

3  Thank LLZ2014
There are newer reviews for The New Continental Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed May 9, 2014

A potential greenwood lake icon but tired and under-inspired. If you go, do it for the setting but have low expectations for everything else.

1  Thank gstech
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I love the vintage feel of the restaurant. It was both warm and unique.The building and views of the lake were beautiful. All of the staff I met were friendly and welcoming. I had never been here before, but immediately felt at home. I was pleasantly surprised that there were actually choices for vegetarians on the menu! The food was delicious. The service outstanding. I had a three course meal and every course was wonderful. I even enjoyed the music playing over the speakers, which was rare for me at a restaurant. Overall, I was very happy with my experience and am looking forward to returning.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

The food is family oriented, good basic food, American mainly and some German specialties. The view of Greenwood Lake is spectacular, the outdoor patio is beautiful and indoor is elegant . The staff is attentive and friendly, there is a beautiful bar for before and after dinner lounging and a living room style are for children. There is an outside area to explore with great vistas of the lake!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Upon arrival at this seemingly charming waterfront abode, we were seated by a decently nice waiter; average. My joy and hopes for this establishment soon were murdered, by viewing the limited menu choices. We decided to order a couple of appetizers to munch on, no entrees for today. They had a live guitarist/singer while we waited, yet when he took a break, they failed to even provide background music and we were forced to sit in a music-less, awkward patio. After sitting for over 30 minutes for TWO appetizers (potato skins, fried calamari...) they finally arrived. The "potato skins" were four meager strips of Yukon potato with melted cheese on top and ONE tiny piece of what resembled a chive on each. The fried calamari were tiny rocks that had most likely been fried hours prior, and then later reheated. When picking up our table, the untrained staff and waiters spilled sauce on my toe and dropped cutlery everywhere. Did I mention they gave us PLASTIC PICNIC PLATES to eat off of? Basically, what I'm trying to say is, go to the McDonalds down the street, you're better off...

P.S. they took forever to refill our waters.

2  Thank MSTRIKER5