“THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!”

Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We will definitely be going back and telling everyone we know about this place! The animals are awesome and for a reasonable $5 per huge bucket of food you can feed them all! The zoo does smell a bit more intensely than your average zoo, but it is summertime and you are far closer to the animals than at other zoo's. The animals all seemed to be healthy and in good spirits, and appeared to be well adapted to being fed by patrons!

The negative reviews for this place seem to have all been written by people that didn't make it past the parking lot, which is pathetic, how can you know whether the food is good at a hole in the wall restaurant based on the curtains hanging in the window? If that type of thing will drive you away, then you are better off staying home and leaving the truly rewarding places in life to those that will appreciate them. If you think that you are going to get the Bronx Zoo, all to yourself, for less than half the price, well, good luck with that.

If you are looking for a great time for less than $20 and are willing to travel a bit, I can't think of anything better to do with a significant other or family than to plan a visit to this place.

One thing worth mentioning though, as the NUMEROUS signs indicate, all of the animals here have claws, or teeth, or hooves to defend themselves if they are threatened, and they will use them. My shorts were nipped by a dinosaur-pig-duck while following it and its mate a bit too closely on our way to see the kangaroos. It was easily placated by taking another, slightly longer path, past several other very cool animals, and we both went on our merry way to enjoy the rest of the afternoon, no harm no.................fowl.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank John C

Bennington, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“what a great place”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My daughters and I visit the Ashville Game Farm and Exotic Zoo a couple of times each summer. We love to interact with the monkeys. This is a small zoo, but you can spend the whole day there if you'd like. There is no feeling of being rushed out of there. The staff is very nice and friendly. They will answer and all questions that you have about the animals. This place has always been clean, yes there's birds that roam freely and there are droppings but theyget cleaned, animals are going to smell. I travel about an hour from my home in VT to go over and visit. This is a great little zoo out in the country.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Carla L
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun place to spend quality time with your family”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I been here twice with my daughter, and the last time (most recent) took her friends. We had once again a really enjoyable time. The zoo is small but which is nice since you dont feel rushed on skipping through the animal exibits. The other great thing is its very quiet so you can enjoy your time interacting with the animals. I think we spend about 1 1/5 hrs just feeding the deer. I would strongly recommened this zoo to anybody who loves animals and wants to spend qualty time with their familys. Ps make sure you bring some extra $1.00 bills so you can feed the animals.

1 Thank TheAdjuster2
Scotia, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ashville Zoo”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I liked being up close and personal to the animals. Surprisingly large array of exotic animals.

1 Thank pvderrick
Yulee, Florida
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Worst Animal park ever”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Don't waste your money it's terribly over priced and you will leave feeling depressed and kinda dirty. The mirada of animals are housed in tiny cages most made of what appears to be regular fencing (including bears and big cats) there are allot of animals just wondering around looking for handouts. We love Zoo's of any size but this place should just be closed down.

7 Thank bnkowalik