“Breakfast”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cairo, New York
“Breakfast”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I took my son and girlfriend to the place for breakfast and the food was terrible. I had eggs and they were hard and not tasty at all. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Visited June 2013
9 Thank AMCO127
hollowbrookinn, Owner at Hollowbrook Restaurant, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
I would like to know how eggs cannot be tasty at all? Out of the 100 breakfasts served last Sunday (only open for breakfast Sat.&Sun.), not one complaint about "tasteless" eggs, hmmm, strange. And if you are saying you dined here yesterday, 6/29/13, the date of the review, we actually didn't have any eggs served except Oscar and Benedict with rave reviews by those customers. It is a sad world when an individual feels the compulsion to write a review over a $3. breakfast.

Aurora, Illinois
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is not "fine dining" but is a nice, comfortable atmosphere and a decent meal at a decent price. The wait staff is always very accomodating.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Margaret D
“Horrible service have ordered food dozens of time have never gotten it right.”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Ordered food from hollow brook for months now food isn't terrible but the service is absolutely the worst I've ever seen. After placing a large order and getting home with the food I realized that things were missing we called and talk to a manager who put the owner on the phone who accused me of lying (this was over dipping sauces cheese on a sandwich and some garlic knots) the most unprofessional women I've ever with. Ordered a burger and asked for the fries to be put in a seperate container due to the cheese and gravy received the meal with with the gravy all over the burger in the same container. Lol called today to order a pizza for football website says six toppings on the works pizza the owner tells me four after arguing with me she realizes that once again I'm not lying she says "ohhhh the website hasn't been updated and hung up. Feel free to try your luck with this women (who is also the cook) I'm gonna drive the extra 5mins to Vince Anna's!!!

7 Thank Cbreezys
hollowbrookinn, Owner at Hollowbrook Restaurant, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
In reply to Cbreezys review of Nov.4, 2012, I would like to preface by saying that this is a most inaccurate account of the phone conversation that took place which was one-sided=his side only, since he would not allow me to speak. When this irate person called he spoke to a busgirl who answered the phone, not manager, who then immediately brought the phone to myself (chef/owner) to address his concerns. His level of agitation equalled none I have previously experienced and would not allow me to speak in a normal exchange. When I finally asked "May I speak now?" his reply was "You don't have to speak, I'm never coming back" which was the point at which I said good bye and hung up the phone. In my 44 years experience in all types of food, drink and service venues, the customer is not always right if they don't exercise a moderate level of self control and courtesy themselves while out in public.
Albany, NY
“Great value and variety.”
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I had a delicious lunch here with about six other women in November, 2009. The lunch specials were numerous and reasonably priced. The regular lunch menu is lengthy, as well. It was difficult to choose from so many offerings, but we were all pleased with our meals. The service was attentive and friendly. This is a great place for a casual meal in a cozy setting.

1 Thank winewiththat
baltimore
“Cute spot, ultra-friendly service!”
Reviewed March 31, 2009

We had lunch at the Hollowbrook Inn and Restaurant this past Sunday. After spending a weekend in the Catskills, we were looking for a place to meet family from Albany for lunch. We decided on the Greeville/Freehold area as a good mid-way point and picked Hollowbrook w/out knowing much about it. It was great! They had wonderful lunch specials along w/ their regular menu of pizza, sandwiches and salads. The service couldn't have been better. It is a great little spot in Greenville, for locals and travelers alike.