“Horrible service have ordered food dozens of time have never gotten it right.”

Hollowbrook Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Greenville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Ordered food from hollow brook for months now food isn't terrible but the service is absolutely the worst I've ever seen. After placing a large order and getting home with the food I realized that things were missing we called and talk to a manager who put the owner on the phone who accused me of lying (this was over dipping sauces cheese on a sandwich and some garlic knots) the most unprofessional women I've ever with. Ordered a burger and asked for the fries to be put in a seperate container due to the cheese and gravy received the meal with with the gravy all over the burger in the same container. Lol called today to order a pizza for football website says six toppings on the works pizza the owner tells me four after arguing with me she realizes that once again I'm not lying she says "ohhhh the website hasn't been updated and hung up. Feel free to try your luck with this women (who is also the cook) I'm gonna drive the extra 5mins to Vince Anna's!!!

10  Thank Cbreezys
hollowbrookinn, Owner at Hollowbrook Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

In reply to Cbreezys review of Nov.4, 2012, I would like to preface by saying that this is a most inaccurate account of the phone conversation that took place which was one-sided=his side only, since he would not allow me to speak. When this irate person called he spoke to a busgirl who answered the phone, not manager, who then immediately brought the phone to myself (chef/owner) to address his concerns. His level of agitation equalled none I have previously experienced and would not allow me to speak in a normal exchange. When I finally asked "May I speak now?" his reply was "You don't have to speak, I'm never coming back" which was the point at which I said good bye and hung up the phone. In my 44 years experience in all types of food, drink and service venues, the customer is not always right if they don't exercise a moderate level of self control and courtesy themselves while out in public.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

I had a delicious lunch here with about six other women in November, 2009. The lunch specials were numerous and reasonably priced. The regular lunch menu is lengthy, as well. It was difficult to choose from so many offerings, but we were all pleased with our meals. The service was attentive and friendly. This is a great place for a casual meal in a cozy setting.

1  Thank winewiththat
Reviewed March 31, 2009

We had lunch at the Hollowbrook Inn and Restaurant this past Sunday. After spending a weekend in the Catskills, we were looking for a place to meet family from Albany for lunch. We decided on the Greeville/Freehold area as a good mid-way point and picked Hollowbrook w/out knowing much about it. It was great! They had wonderful lunch specials along w/ their regular menu of pizza, sandwiches and salads. The service couldn't have been better. It is a great little spot in Greenville, for locals and travelers alike.

Reviewed October 7, 2008

After a long flight from Florida to Albany we stopped at Hollowbrook for pizza before going to Sunny Hill Resort! The pizza was great the staff was very friendly. When we first walked in we told the waitress our son had just gotten motion sick from the flight and the drive in and she immediately went and got a ginger ale and some mints for him!

It was a quaint and relaxing atmosphere after a long day of travel!

Reviewed April 30, 2008

Very much enjoyed the meal. Good menu selection, all well prepared. Good quick friendly service, nice to see wait staff with as much passion as the chef. Great bar area, the old time Catskills atmosphere is refreshing without being to quirky. No denial here they're not trying to be fancy just real friendly folk. Bring the family you'lll please them all: from a great pizza for the kids to a nice steak for Dad.

2  Thank Bikerbade