“Excellent as always”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012

One thing I am always assured of when I visit this restaurant is consistency. excellent food, nice atmosphere, and superb service. Had the beef stroganoff this time and it was to die for and for desert the chocolate mousse, wow, I can hardly wait til I go back again! Next time the Pork Schnitzel.Way to go Max and Ben!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I arrived without reservations on a Sunday evening. Most tables were already full and we were seated in the bar area by a charming hostess. I had scallops over a fennel risotto, my husband had crab cakes. We enjoyed prompt and smiling service even though we took a long time to choose among the dinner entrees and wine list. Overall: interesting food, a good wine list, and excellent service.

1  Thank Brycegal
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Had the misfortune to sit next to the harp player. The music was great but I left with a headache having not been able to speak to, or hear, my colleagues. My food was also unexceptional, although others enjoyed theirs.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Driving by you might mistake this exceptional restaurant for an upscale dentist's office. But step inside and be greeted with a formal and gracious decor, quiet background music, table linens and full place settings. Professional and experience staff is helpful, attentive, but not intrusive. The kitchen knows its stuff. Rare in these parts is a kitchen that can prepare fish without turning a fine fillet into shoeleather but the Mountainview knows how to handle fish very well, It's my personal bellweather in guaging the kitchen's professionalism. I particularly enjoyed the baked haddock with risotto on one lovely afternoon accompanied by a fine dry cabernet sauvignon. I doubt that there is another restaurant within 25-30 miles that can even approach the professionalism of the Mountainview. It's the kind of place more typical of an urban setting. Don't expect rock bottom prices. The food is wonderful and the service excellent. Oh, and please don't embarass the management, yourself, and other patrons by coming in with hairy legs, flip flops and tank tops. It's not that kind of venue.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have eatten at the "Bra" around 5 times. My first experience was wonderful and well worth the higher cost than other resturants in the area. Each return brought small disappointments. That is until last night. The harp music was way to loud for such a small area. Guest were forced to talk louder just to hear eachother. The Portabella that was once firm and tasty has become a soggy mushroom covered in cheese. Blech. The Chicken Francise and the Veal special were over salted. The whole experience took over two hours. Sitting on a wooden chair with no cushion made the wait very unplesant. The table was slow to be cleared. The portion sizes are good but the plates are to large for the table and require constant shifting of items to make room. Don't know what has happened but I don't think I will be back. It's just not worth the cost anymore.

2  Thank Donna J