“Fine Dining at a Remote Location”

Mountain View Brasserie Incorporated
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mohawk Valley
“Fine Dining at a Remote Location”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Driving by you might mistake this exceptional restaurant for an upscale dentist's office. But step inside and be greeted with a formal and gracious decor, quiet background music, table linens and full place settings. Professional and experience staff is helpful, attentive, but not intrusive. The kitchen knows its stuff. Rare in these parts is a kitchen that can prepare fish without turning a fine fillet into shoeleather but the Mountainview knows how to handle fish very well, It's my personal bellweather in guaging the kitchen's professionalism. I particularly enjoyed the baked haddock with risotto on one lovely afternoon accompanied by a fine dry cabernet sauvignon. I doubt that there is another restaurant within 25-30 miles that can even approach the professionalism of the Mountainview. It's the kind of place more typical of an urban setting. Don't expect rock bottom prices. The food is wonderful and the service excellent. Oh, and please don't embarass the management, yourself, and other patrons by coming in with hairy legs, flip flops and tank tops. It's not that kind of venue.

Visited September 2012

Greenville
“On a Downhill Slide”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have eatten at the "Bra" around 5 times. My first experience was wonderful and well worth the higher cost than other resturants in the area. Each return brought small disappointments. That is until last night. The harp music was way to loud for such a small area. Guest were forced to talk louder just to hear eachother. The Portabella that was once firm and tasty has become a soggy mushroom covered in cheese. Blech. The Chicken Francise and the Veal special were over salted. The whole experience took over two hours. Sitting on a wooden chair with no cushion made the wait very unplesant. The table was slow to be cleared. The portion sizes are good but the plates are to large for the table and require constant shifting of items to make room. Don't know what has happened but I don't think I will be back. It's just not worth the cost anymore.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Donna J
Ashland, New York, United States
“Confused?”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our first and only experience at this restaurant. We went with a group of 14 people, I had ordered the filet mignon medium rare, the guest across the table ordered a New York strip medium rare as well! I received my dinner to find it medium well, I sent it back with the waitress and told her it was to well done. The hostess/owner, came back to me and said " this is our medium rare!" She went back into the kitchen, the guest across from me who ordered the strip cut his open and it was clearly medium rare, when she came back she said, that I could have anything else on the menu but the Filet mignon! I addressed her and told her that their remedy for the situation was wrong,and very unprofessional and that I would not have anything at this point, my guests had been eating for at least 10-15 minutes. In conclusion, I nor any of my 13 guests will be returning to dine here!,

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank Justine C
Elsmere, New York, United States
“Excellent every time”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Have eaten here a few times and have never been disappointed. Staff is friendly and helpful. Specials are always good. Last visit was with friends and all were raving about their meals. I had the duck and it was done to perfection. Not greasy or overcooked, very moist and tender. Atmosphere inside is very comfortable. Drink prices are also very reasonable. The drive to Greenville /Freehold is a very pleasant drive. Service is especially rare with attentive waitstaff to ensure everything is as ordered and suiting your wishes. Desserts were fresh and homemade and again of excellent quality. I still have menu items that I know I need to try.
Our friends raved as well and will be back many times more I am sure. I know we will.

• Visited April 2012
Albany, New York
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Have eaten at the Brasserie Numerous time and have never been disappointed. This owner operated restaurant is one of the best restaurants in the area and worth a visit. I believe the owner/chef was a former white house chef, so he knows what he is doing!

2 Thank TravelingDad3