I just came back from my annual mecca to the Catskills and wanted to write this review as my way of saying thank you to Sunny Hill's owners and staff for a great time as always.
I have been going up to Sunny Hill since I was 10 years old (33 straight years). The most magical part of this vacation is that each year I am able to renew the friendships I have made over the years, since many families book their trips for the same week year after year. In fact my kids now can't wait to see their friends (they actually count the calendar days until Sunny Hill as my brothers and I used to do), who happen to be the children of my childhood Sunny Hill friends.
Aside from renewing lifelong friendships what makes the place truly special is their focus on the kids. There are numerous activities for kids of all ages (they have recently focused on teen activities which sometimes gets lost at other places). The nightly Just for Fun Rides- restored fire engines, army and monster trucks- is the daily highlight for my kids along with weekly activities like the rock climbing wall, the splash pad waterpark and the fishing contests.
I guess what makes me truly appreciate Sunny Hill (and what has spurred me to post my first vacation review ever) is that as life gets a little more complicated as each year advances it is nice to reconnect with a simpler time. Sunny Hill represents that simpler time (with all the amenities), with the focus on family and friends at the center of the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunny Hill is a 600-acre, all-inclusive, family resort, set in the picturesque Great Northern Catskills. Many of our guests are friends and families who return year after year to commemorate a special tradition, celebrate an annual event or simply relax and unwind amid the splendor of nature. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sunny Hill Resort And Golf Course Catskills Hotel Greenville
- Sunny Hill Hotel Course Catskills
- Sunny Hill Resort And Golf Course Catskill Region, NY - Greenville