“My Happy Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Milford, Connecticut
“My Happy Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have been going to Sunny Hill with my family for 29 years (I'm 30). I've never missed a year and never plan to. Sunny Hill has grown tremendously since I started visiting every summer. Last year they added the Viking Race obstacle course and my friends and I LOVE it. It gives younger people something fun and challenging to do while on vacation with your family. I have so many memories of fishing, swimming in the pool, spending time with my family and my friends (aka my extended Sunny Hill family). On top of that, the Nicholsen family makes you feel like one of their own. They are all wonderful people who make the Sunny Hill experience truly one of a kind. I can't wait for the time when I can bring my own kids up there and make new memories!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Floral Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Another great vacation at Sunny Hill...Each year we look forward to our "Family Week at Sunny Hill". The owners are wonderful people who go out of their way for the guests. Yes, we were one of the EO groups that started to go to Sunny Hill "5" years ago when EO closed. They opened their doors with such warmth and hospitality and set us up on a wonderful week with other wonderful families. My son has made such great friendships since coming here. They have something for everyone....Dont miss out, give it a shot - you will not be sorry.

Room Tip: They have may types of rooms that will suit everyone's needs. I like the Edmonton, because it i...
1 Thank CMcCrorie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This was my 32nd year visiting and my children's 3rd. So many great memories here with great additions to their activities each year for grownups and children. You know how kids are so excited to see Mickey at Disney? Well that's equal to my excitement when I see the Nicholson family!

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Planning another family reunion at Sunny Hill. And again The Nicholson family is so very pleasant and accommodating. The resort is perfect for family reunions with activities for all ages. Four generations plan to show up - from as far away as Alaska! The resort is meticulously maintained and every year something new is added. We are all eager to see each other and also to discover what is new this year at Sunny Hill.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank scgrosso
Queens, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Next week marks my 28th year coming to Sunny Hill. It's not only a great place to vacation but a great place to get married. It truly is my happy place. There's a never ending list of activities for both adults and children. The staff really make you feel like family. Ill be coming back for many more years to come. I highly recommend it!

Sleep Quality
Jersey Shore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family and I just returned from another memorable stay with the Nicholsen family at Sunny Hill. My children are 4th generation visitors and this was our 17th visit. All of the reviews are right on the money. There is a charm to the bucolic setting, the meals are hearty for sure and there are activities that will keep you as busy as you'd like to be throughout your week's visit. Most importantly, however, Sunny Hill is the perfect stage to create irreplaceable and everlasting family memories. There's something very special about The Hill!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael S
Charlottesville, VIrginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We just did a family celebration and four families had rooms together in a unit. We had a wonderful time. The owners have run the place for 95 years and truly put there heart and soul into everything to make your stay a memorable one. Have not gotten on the scale yet, but certainly gained weight after eating three hefty meals a day. Plenty of activities including golf. The highlight for the kids is their love for all the vehicle rides and various kiddie rides. And the finale....fireworks every Friday night.

Room Tip: It is worth a few extra hundred dollars to upgrade to rooms in the Grimstad because the bathrooms ar...
2 Thank OutDining
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Hotel Vienna
Blackhead Mountain Lodge and Country Club
Winter Clove Inn
Winter Clove Inn
#2 of 4 in Round Top

Been to Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course? Share your experiences!