“Great Vacations, Year after Year” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Baumann's Brookside
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Long Island, NY
“Great Vacations, Year after Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have been going to Baumann's 19 summers in a row. Its a wonderful, family vacation. Very relaxing, great food and lots to do. We started when our kids were very small, and still remember the car rides home, with the kids already talking about next summer. The rooms are clean, the pool is cool and the rec hall is fun. What else can you ask for? Almost forgot, the food is delicious!! It is a very affordable family vacation, that will make alot of memories! I recommend it to all!!! We travel with a group, and meet up with the same people who go the same week..always look forward to this vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mrsh511
Courtney R, Manager at Baumann's Brookside, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Whether its your first visit, (or your 19th!), we're always thrilled to hear kind praise. Thanks so much for the nice review:)

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Farmingdale, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family has been coming to Baumann's for 4 years now. We were invited by friends and could not believe how incredible our trip was. The kids had an amazing time as so did we adults. There is so much to do from the moment you wake in the morning. From Fishing,Paddle boats,Shuffle board,Bocci Ball,Kan-Jam, Basketball, Swimming,Dancing,Bingo,Horse races,Rock wall,Laser tag, Wagon rides,Horse back riding just to name a few things... you will NEVER here the words "I'M Board Mom". and The FOOD...OMG....is AMAZING. The bell rings every morning @ 8am for an amazing breakfast followed by the 12:30 bell for lunch and the 6pm bell for dinner. I love watching all the kids run to the dinning room when they hear the bell go off. You will never walk away from the table hungry. One of my Favorite meals is Turkey dinner...the stuffing is amazing, so many favorite meals,and the desserts...all I can say is Absolutely YUMMY... The Night time entertainment is something we all look forward to as well followed by another meal...Snacks...Hot dogs, sandwiches, Nachos.....Lets just say you will never be hungry @ Baumann's. The staff is wonderful, Carol,her family and the amazing staff are always making sure everyone is having a good time. All I can say is Baumann's Brookside is the place to vacation. We always look forward to the next trip.In fact the kids in the whole group start a count down till we go back the following year. Don't miss this wonderful opportunity to vacation at the best Place In the world....Baumann's Brookside.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank MommaO68
Courtney R, Manager at Baumann's Brookside, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words! We love to hear that our family helps yours to make happy memories:). Visit us on Facebook or our website for specials and new additions at Brookside!
Babylon, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our large family has been coming here since all of our kids were small and even though so many of our kids may not be able to join us because of school or jobs now, we know once they get married and have kids of their own they too will be coming here with their families. It's a simple place but with great food, company and staff. We've met so many people over the years and do try to go two times a year. Our extended family also goes with us and its our time together whether it be sitting by the pool or just hanging out in the rec room at night. Can't say enough good things and thank the owners for all our good family memories and the many more to come.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mare315
Courtney R, Manager at Baumann's Brookside, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thanks so much for the lovely review. Hope to see you again soon!
Highland, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was our first trip to Baumann's and we can't wait to get back next year. Maybe this year again for Columbus Day if we can work it out. We wanted to go to the Celtic Festival at Blackthorn so my wife started looking for accomodations in the area. We only live an hour away but we wanted to stay the night and have a long Labor Day weekend up there. She found Baumann's and it looked OK to me and the reviews were great about the food and the fun and the great people, but of course we were a bit weary about an old Catskill resort. Well, let me me say that from the moment we got there (just in time for supper) we felt like we were special guests. We went straight to supper in the rec hall and found our name on the table and had a fabulous home cooked meal. At that point we decided we weren't going to the Celtic festival and were staying there the whole weekend and we stayed an additional night as well. This place is a true family run business and they are still in business for a reason. We hope to see all the great folks we met this Labor Day weekend next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nicholas D
Courtney R, Owner at Baumann's Brookside, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
We're so glad that you had a good time! Hope to see you again.
Highland, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My family was undecided as to what we should do for Labor Day weekend. We finally agreed that we should spend the weekend attending a Celtic festival in Durham NY. I woke up Friday morning in search of accomadations for the weekend. If you have never been to the Irish Catskills you need to understand that resorts in this area don't have websits nor can you book through traditional travel sites. So, I started my search at first light. By 9 am I had made several calls to known hotels in Durham. All of the big resorts were booked and I found a few places that after calling I had vision of possible bedbugs or other nonmentionables! So I set my sites on the surrounding towns. Low and behold I found Boumanns! At first my DH and I were hesitant. We read the other reviews and wondered were these people ? Food included? What kind, because we have become food snobs over the course of our marriage? Desperate times call for desperate measures and we took the plunge! Haaa, jokes on us! Boumanns is The Bomb!! From the second we arrived we felt at home and part of the family. The rooms are simple but, extremely clean! The staff, mostly family, are friendly, treating you as if you had spent every summer of your life at Baumanns! I think that's because so many families do exactly that.Year after year they come back and experience what their parents and Grandparents did, a true family resort. Think Dirty Dancing and you know what Baumanns represents! Home cooked food, great activities and nightly entertainment! My family truly had the time of their lives and we will be back soon! Yes, we never left the resort this weekend and probably won't on our next trip either!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 717Eileen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My family of 5 have stayed here many times. The food is amazing and plentiful. Breakfast dinner and supper all announced overhead; very nostalgic. The nightly entertainment is great for families karaoke band and "horse races" . during the day their is a hayless hay ride bingo and a cocktail hour. Did I mention free tap beer a clean large pool and accommodating owners a true family business!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Mroesch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

My family and I spent a fabulous week at Baumann's. Great food, beautiful surroundings and friendly people. This is my 15th year and I will be back next year.
Great for any age.
A wonderful place for a family reunion. Good old fashioned fun. Unwind by the pool by day and dance in the rec hall at night. Love it!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Vtmoore5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
The Thompson House
#3 of 6 in Greenville
Winter Clove Inn
Winter Clove Inn
#2 of 4 in Round Top

Been to Baumann's Brookside? Share your experiences!