“fantastic weekend”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Central Islip, New York
“fantastic weekend”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This was my first trip to Baumann's but it won't be my last! I didn't think places like this existed anymore. The food was beyond amazing & more than plentiful, but the staff is absolutely the best, everyone was so friendly even the other guests! I can't think of anything I didn't like, yes the rooms are dated( but very clean) but that's part of the 'Dirty Dancing Era' charm. Loved it, can't wait for next year, I'm bringing the whole family!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank SusanDek

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2012

If you want a place to go for a great vacation, this is the place. Family owned and operated for many years. I have gone here seventeen years in a row, and the one word I can think of is GREAT. I go in August with my family and we all have a ball. The only bad thing is when it's over.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I am in the same group as CLakind and everything she wrote is true. I love coming up here. I have been coming up to the Catskills almost (missed 2 years in basically my entire life) every year since i was 4 and so far I would say this is the best resort I have been too. The area isn't too bad and you can get food and drink locally along with some fairs and flea markets. The food is great (3 meals a day for that price?!), the entertainment is fun for the whole family, and the price alone is untouchable. I would recommend Baumanns for anything from a couple's getaway to a major family reunion like we have.

Room Tip: Make sure to check the website. They have multiple rooms and price points. I would recommend the Nor...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
United States
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I've personally gone to Baumann's since I was a small child - and my family members/friends since they were children. It's a long standing tradition for us to return every summer - the same week.

Baumann's is a laid-back, old-school style family resort. The rooms/buildings are definitely not brand new, and could use a little renovation here and there. But the "old" doesn't cast a shadow on the quality of the vacation.

From bocci to pony rides, shuffle board to tennis, swimming to basketball - the outdoor fun never ends. And nights are always enjoyable at the rec hall, with DJs, bands, bingo and more. Grab a cooler and a bag of snacks (or buy them at the snack bar) and enjoy a night with the family, drinking, dancing, and laughing.

The week is always filled with multiple options of all kinds to entertain your time. Whether your indoorsy/outdoorsy, there is always something to do or somewhere to go.

It honestly hurts my heart that we can't go every year, as my husband is military and our schedule tends to conflict.

Room Tip: A room nearest to the dining facility - upstairs pool house or South Annex. Quiet room - North Annex...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Nova8284
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have been coming to Baumann's with my family since 2004. Our group is quite large and had to come from another place that closed down. From the start, we felt like we had always been there. The food is delicious! I feel like there is something for everyone to enjoy. It is the best part of my summer every year! From the bingo nights to lots of singing during karaoke, all you will find are lots of friendly people who may feel like your family by the end of the week. Visiting the Catskill area was a highlight of my childhood and I want my boys to feel the same way!

Room Tip: If you cannot walk around too much, try to choose a room close to the main hall and rec room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CLakind
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Hotel Vienna
VanWinkle Inn
VanWinkle Inn
#3 of 6 in Greenville
Pollace's Family Vacation Resort

Been to Baumann's Brookside? Share your experiences!