I would not recommend this hotel. Our room, which we paid over $250 for one night Sunday-Monday, smelled like mildew and there were aunts all over the bathroom. The view was nice, but you couldn't even sit outside on the deck without a million bugs around. Not to mention you couldn't enjoy the sound of the beach due to the traffic outside from the road. They should install some kind of insulation to muffle the sound. Oh and the garbage truck dumping the dumpster at 2:30AM was icing on the cake.We were very skived out by the hotel room. Definitely a disappointment. But the place was packed with people doing the staycation thing...I don't get it!! Oh and the restaurant was not so good either....It's soo dated..Just skip the whole place!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located less than 100 miles from New York City on the North Fork of Long Island, this idyllic property evokes the timeless spirit of a classic seaside resort. Its Norman Rockwell charm will conjure memories of blissful childhood summers in the sun, while its recently renovated spaces offer the comforts of modern life. Our guest rooms and suites offer the intimacy of a seafront cottage, with all the perks of a full-service hotel and every room opens directly onto a waterfront deck, with access to our private beach. The property is a short bike ride or drive from a variety of authentic North Fork experiences, including the village shops of historic Greenport, several award-winning vineyards, local farms offering freshly picked delights, and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Sound View Greenport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sound View Hotel Greenport
- Sound View Greenport NY - Long Island