The Blue Inn At North Fork(East Marion)(Great Value!)
$265
Shelter Island House(Shelter Island)(Great Value!)
$595
Official Site
Heron Suites(Southold)
$169
Groupon.com
Baron's Cove(Sag Harbor)(Great Value!)
$999
Groupon.com
Topping Rose House(Bridgehampton)(Great Value!)
$1,995
Priceline
Harbor Knoll(Greenport)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroad noisenorth forknew ownersbeautiful viewprivate balconylounge chairscontinental breakfastwatch the sunsetget awaybagelslong islandclose to townoverlooking the waterlocated rightgranolaorient pointcan't wait to go back
Reviewed August 8, 2015 via mobile

I grew up in Suffolk County driving out to visit my grandparents in Orient Pt. NY, passing by the Sound View Inn, numerous times for nearly 20 years. A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of spending one evening at the Inn for a family reunion. Waking up in the morning, walking directly onto my private deck overlooking the beautiful LI Sound, relaxing with my complementary coffee until the late noon check-out time was absolutely fabulous! Also very friendly helpful hotel staff. Will go again!

Stayed: July 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank kvc1018
Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

I've lived on Long Island my whole life this place is awesome!!!! Don't listen to the haters. Your right on the beautiful sound steps away to your room. have a great deck and chairs right outside . Picturesque from dawn till dark. Cool town of Greenport nearby!!! great restaurant part of resort. Rivals anyplace I have been in the hamptons. I've been here 3 years in a row. Don't even think twice stay 1 night and you will be back

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric S
Reviewed July 22, 2015

The only redeeming quality about this place is the view. I'm not entirely sure how they go about charging the rates that they do when the place is completely run down. This is a 1-star motel in a prime location.

I stayed here during the early-fall for a weekend getaway. Unfortunately, it was rainy and we were trapped in the dingy room the whole time. We didn't get to even enjoy the view that we paid astronomical prices for. (Yes, the rain isn't their fault, but the dingy and outdated room that we were stuck in most certainly is.)

It's also important to note that while your room is just steps from the beach, it's also steps from Route 48 and it is extremely noisy - I found myself waking up throughout the night on several occasions due to the rush of cars going by.

Long story short - Save your money. If you're looking to spend time on the beach, go to the beach during the day and stay at a cheaper inland hotel at night.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KTBMTravels
Reviewed July 10, 2015

We stayed here before we went on our cross country trip. We wanted to experience from coast to coast. We were surprised at how amazing it was. They were so nice and the entire atmosphere started our vacation off perfectly!

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2015

We spent 5 lovely days here at the end of June 2015. Staff is polite and the rooms are tidy. Love getting a room upstairs with a balcony. You can sit out there with a glass of wine. Take your binoculars as you'll want to see what ships or sailboats are passing or what's going on at night in Connecticut across the sound. The Sound View Restaurant can compete with anything in the area! Visit Main Street in Green Port, Raphael's is my choice for the best/friendliest winery. Ask for Dennis, he's from our old neighborhood in Astoria, Queens. Don't forget that pool!

Room Tip: Room with balcony facing LI Sound.
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family