We stayed at the Soundview for a friends wedding. We had stayed there before off season so I sort of knew what we were getting into but this time felt compelled to write a review. First off, the room was $215 a night which is not too bad for August on the North Fork, but it is still a steep price for a rundown room with stained carpeting, chipped paint on the walls and crank windows that don't work. One of the other people staying there for the wedding had to contend with ants streaming out of the drain in the bathroom sink. When he complained the hotel was not very helpful handing him a can of raid and offering windex (not sure for what). On top of this, the rooms are about 50 feet from the North Road (Rt 25A) and you could swear that you are sleeping on the median with the cars passing on each side of the bed it is so loud. What you are paying for are the views on the other side of your room. Each room has two doors, while the one door opens to Rt 25A, the other door opens onto a nice deck and beautiful rocky beach along the Long Island Sound. The beach is what allows them to charge what they do. fortunate for them (but infortunate for those of us paying to stay there) the place is full every weekend during the summer so I guess they are not too motivated to make improvements. We did enjoy the bar and the food at the restaurant was very good. We love the North Fork and make two to three trips a year out there but all in all I would only stay at the Soundview again as a last resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located less than 100 miles from New York City on the North Fork of Long Island, this idyllic property evokes the timeless spirit of a classic seaside resort. Its Norman Rockwell charm will conjure memories of blissful childhood summers in the sun, while its recently renovated spaces offer the comforts of modern life. Our guest rooms and suites offer the intimacy of a seafront cottage, with all the perks of a full-service hotel and every room opens directly onto a waterfront deck, with access to our private beach. The property is a short bike ride or drive from a variety of authentic North Fork experiences, including the village shops of historic Greenport, several award-winning vineyards, local farms offering freshly picked delights, and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Sound View Greenport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sound View Hotel Greenport
- Sound View Greenport NY - Long Island