“Good Meal”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Front Street
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Scrimshaw was what we expected. Wonderful setting for a meal...on a pier. Felt like we were on the water. Appetizers and dinners were extremely flavorful. Satisfied...

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was our third time dining at Scrimshaw and I must say this was a terrible experience. We were early for our reservations so we spent time in the bar ! Oh boy the bartender was in a terrible mood...we had a lovely waitress however, we noticed that it seemed as if there was no one running the place..the entire staff seemed to be running around like chickens without their heads...food was excellent...as it always is...but the "environment" left a lot to be desired. Wish we would have went somewhere else. PS...it was VERY quiet for a Saturday night in July..I'm wondering if maybe that was telling.............

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I love to hear the sound of the gulls when I go to Scrimshaws. I always enjoy the scenery over there. I love to have my dinner up the dock. The wind helps me to relax and unwind. The excellent food adds into its beauty. I really love the surroundings there and I always prefer to go there when I need sometime alone or relax.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

relaxing restaurant, nice seafood dishes. great to hang out with a bottle of wine and appetizers at sunset.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

In the summer of 2011, we were boating in the vicintity of Greenport when we decided to tie-up and have lunch. The usual fried clam houses were mobbed, so we decided to look at the menu at Scrimshaw; a restaurant whose sign we'd often seen, but never approached.

It looked tantilizing and the food combinations seemed perfect. The price was a bit higher than we thought we would have spent on clam strips, but we all know that the highest priced food is food of poor quality. We took a seat.

We've since returned again and again, sampling the amazing combinations of Asian inspired dishes that give a special flair to every bit of food that we've tasted to date.

I won't say more, except...get yourself to Scrimshaw in Greenport. You'll thank me time and again; I promise.

1  Thank Froggy80