“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Greenport
New York
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed February 28, 2007

I have to say the Harborfront Inn at Greenport is one of the nicest places my husband and I have ever stayed. It wasn't just clean, it was elegant. The decor was beautiful and we especially enjoyed the photographs that adorded the walls. We believe one of the managers took them.
We also wanted to thank the staff: Everyone was friendly and more then helpful when it came to recommending resturants and area attractions to visit: They really know their stuff.
My husband and I can't wait to go back!

• Liked — Beautiful area
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Imericalee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
pelham NY
Reviewed February 10, 2007

I stayed with my boyfriend for a long weekend at this beautiful, modern, friendly hotel. We truly enjoyed our stay. Yes there is a green pond between the oceanview and the hotel but it didn't smell at all in the hot humid August days and I thought it was kinda pretty actually. It's in the perfect location and the staff were all so nice. We didn't eat breakfast there but it looked nice too. The pool and gym were the only down side. The pool was very very small as well as the gym, but we didn't mind because we wanted to go to the beach anyway. Orient Beach was practically empty and a very nice place to get a tan. The Greenporter motel was an option we were considering before I read all the reviews and I'm so glad we didn't stay there. It really does look like a retro motel 6 with ugly transparent green siding on the fence for privacy, Yuck. Harborfront Inn on the other hand really does look as nice as the pictures.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank laceyjb02
ny
Reviewed January 19, 2007

I have been here several times with family and friends, and I have never been disappointed. The hotel is clean and modern, and the staff is very friendly. The hotel is conveniently located near many restaurants and shops. I highly recommend the room with a view of the water and carousel (it has a private balcony). Breakfast was average. Unfortunately, I recently found out that there is a two-night minimum on weekends (all year-round). This is very disheartening, since a one-night getaway is generally enough time to spend in wine country.

• Liked — Clean!!!
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank happyjap
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 4, 2006

I stayed here for two nights in November on Thanksgiving weekend.

Like other reviewers have mentioned, the first thing I noticed was how clean the hotel is, especially the rooms.

The front desk was pleasant upon arrival and very helpful when I asked them about antique stores around town (for my wife) and good bars (for myself).

The balcony had a fantastic view of the harbor and the massive Christmas tree that Greenport puts up in the middle of the park for the holidays. I'd definitely recommend a holiday stay to anyone.

The 5-head shower was amazing! I had to drag myself out every morning.

The wine selections in the room were surprisingly good -- I had no idea Long Island was wine country! The front desk was also helpful when I wanted to learn more about local vineyards.

Overall, the hotel is excellent. I'm looking forward to staying here again and enjoying Greenport during a busier/warmer time of year.

Stayed November 2006
3 Thank tokyodrifter
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 4, 2006

I brought my wife and kids there on a friend's recommendation and loved it. Our room was well-furnished and immaculately clean, with a flat-screen TV, beautiful marble-tiled bathroom with glass shower and oversize tub. VERY comfortable bed! But the best part is the location, right next to a carousel for the kids, walking distance to every good restaurant in town (don't miss Meson Ole for great Mexican), and only a short drive to the vineyards. We would recommend Harborfront Inn to anyone looking for an upscale and cozy hotel that is close to everything.

• Liked — Room amenities and hotel location
  • Disliked — If only the hotel had a kitchen with 24-hr room service!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank NYKnickfan
New York, NY
Reviewed November 16, 2006

I have stayed at the Harborfront Inn on numerous occassions and have also stayed at several other hotels/motels on the North Fork. Not sure what some of the griping here is about. The rooms at the Harborfront are far and away more luxurious than anywhere else I've stayed on the east end of Long Island. It isn't even close. The views of the carousel (and skating rink in the winter) and harbor were charming. I also found the staff both polite and helpful. The location is central to Greenport with the added bonus of being quite close to the Shelter Island ferry. Overall, a pleasant experience and highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
5 Thank ws33
Westchester
Reviewed October 9, 2006

I disagree with previous reviewers here. Harborfront is a lovely property in the middle of Greenport. Rooms were elegant, spacious, clean, great beds. Front desk staff was gracious and helpful. Yes, balconies overlook the parking lot, but also the town carousel and the charming harbor. There was a generous complimentary continental breakfast and great restaurants within walking distance. If you are doing a weekend wine tasting trip, this is a great choice. Prices are not cheap, look for weekend specials. There was some hallway noise (from children down the hall) and at night we could hear loud music from the bar across the street but it stopped relatively early. Since it was fall, pool was closed.

• Liked — Rooms were new, clean, modern
  • Disliked — Bar/loud music from across the street at night.
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for room on opposite side of hotel away from the town
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Susan R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Sound View Greenport
#1 of 5 in Shelter Island
The Gallery Hotel
The Gallery Hotel
#7 of 10 in Greenport

Been to Harborfront Inn at Greenport? Share your experiences!