Harborfront Inn at Greenport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sunset Motel(Greenport)
  • Beachfront
Dering Harbor Inn(Shelter Island)
Drossos Motel(Greenport)
  • Room Service
Sunset Beach(Shelter Island)
View Hotel
Shelter Island House(Shelter Island)
View Hotel
All reviewsbagelscontinental breakfastmiddle of townshelter islandwithin walking distancenorth forkpost officegreat showerhotel is locatedfloor roomfrette towelssmall poollemon waterperfect locationbeautiful view of the harbormy husband and ifront street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2006

I stayed here for two nights in November on Thanksgiving weekend.

Like other reviewers have mentioned, the first thing I noticed was how clean the hotel is, especially the rooms.

The front desk was pleasant upon arrival and very helpful when I asked them about antique stores around town (for my wife) and good bars (for myself).

The balcony had a fantastic view of the harbor and the massive Christmas tree that Greenport puts up in the middle of the park for the holidays. I'd definitely recommend a holiday stay to anyone.

The 5-head shower was amazing! I had to drag myself out every morning.

The wine selections in the room were surprisingly good -- I had no idea Long Island was wine country! The front desk was also helpful when I wanted to learn more about local vineyards.

Overall, the hotel is excellent. I'm looking forward to staying here again and enjoying Greenport during a busier/warmer time of year.

Stayed: November 2006
3  Thank tokyodrifter
Reviewed December 4, 2006

I brought my wife and kids there on a friend's recommendation and loved it. Our room was well-furnished and immaculately clean, with a flat-screen TV, beautiful marble-tiled bathroom with glass shower and oversize tub. VERY comfortable bed! But the best part is the location, right next to a carousel for the kids, walking distance to every good restaurant in town (don't miss Meson Ole for great Mexican), and only a short drive to the vineyards. We would recommend Harborfront Inn to anyone looking for an upscale and cozy hotel that is close to everything.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank NYKnickfan
Reviewed November 16, 2006

I have stayed at the Harborfront Inn on numerous occassions and have also stayed at several other hotels/motels on the North Fork. Not sure what some of the griping here is about. The rooms at the Harborfront are far and away more luxurious than anywhere else I've stayed on the east end of Long Island. It isn't even close. The views of the carousel (and skating rink in the winter) and harbor were charming. I also found the staff both polite and helpful. The location is central to Greenport with the added bonus of being quite close to the Shelter Island ferry. Overall, a pleasant experience and highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
5  Thank ws33
Reviewed October 9, 2006

I disagree with previous reviewers here. Harborfront is a lovely property in the middle of Greenport. Rooms were elegant, spacious, clean, great beds. Front desk staff was gracious and helpful. Yes, balconies overlook the parking lot, but also the town carousel and the charming harbor. There was a generous complimentary continental breakfast and great restaurants within walking distance. If you are doing a weekend wine tasting trip, this is a great choice. Prices are not cheap, look for weekend specials. There was some hallway noise (from children down the hall) and at night we could hear loud music from the bar across the street but it stopped relatively early. Since it was fall, pool was closed.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susan R
Reviewed September 24, 2006

We stayed for a few nights. Room comfortable. Hotel is immaculate, the more experienced staff helpful. But one poor guy was doing all the running, which meant towels ran out at pool, etc. Expensive for this level hotel. Pool does not open till 10am and very few chairs. So forget an early start to the day. Breakfast room is way too small with tiny cafe tables. Greenport is a lovely, quiet town and we enjoyed the restaurants and our stay.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family