“Loved the Place”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Greenport
shampoo47
“Loved the Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2007

Just returned from a 2 night weekend getaway at the Harborfront Inn. The rooms were spacious and clean. We also had a balcony view of the harbor and town. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast was pretty good. My only gripe is that the entrance and back door was hard to open. I thought the place was closed until we called and was let in. Just pull hard =)
Other than that, I would recommend to others and definitely come back in the future.

• Liked — Room were comfortable and clean
  • Disliked — Front and back entrance doors are not very easy to open.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shampoo47

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Rye Brook, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2007

Just returned froma 2 night stay for our 10 year wedding Anniversary. So glad we chose Greenport and the Harborfront. At first glance it is not the most luxurious of boutique inns but it is very tasteful and has lots of extras. The rooms were ddecorated nicely but the bathroom is worth the trip alone. I loved all the jets in the shower! The beds were very comfy and the temperature in the room was perfect even with howling winds outside. The bottle of wine in the room was an added bonus.
The staff was very accomodating as we needed a VCR to watch our wedding video (I know, chessy) but they immediately brought us one and set it all up. They even cut the roses and put them in a vase for me when my husband had them box delivered. The continental breakfast was quite ample and good with fresh muffins, bagels, scones and a variety of cereals. I would recommend splurging for a Premier room, it is the same size as the luxury rooms, however for an extra $20 you get an incredible view. I would also recommend staying one weekday and atleast one weekend day as it is two different experiences. We checked in on a Thursday and it was ghost town until Friday night. We had all the wineries to ourselves which was nice but on Saturday the places were packed and it was kind of nice to see all the activity in Greenport. It is a nice walking town.
We ate at The Frisky Oyster and the North Fork Table and Inn - they were both excellent. Also, Bruce's Cheese shop is great for picking up a picnic lunch of sandwiches or assorted cheeses to take with you when you vineyard hop. The vineyard's that stand out were Lenz, Castello di Borghese, Macari, and Baiting Hollow Farm. We heard Corey Creek , Bedells, & Roanoke were good too but we hit so many we could not get to them all. Overall, wonderful stay in Greenport and at Harborfront.

• Liked — The bathroom
  • Disliked — No fireplace in rooms
2 Thank smlev02
NYC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2007

We recently returned from a weekend spent at the Harborfront Inn.

I have to agree with other reviews that while it was clean and pleasant enough, it was in no way shape or form a luxury boutique hotel as advertised.

One male staff member we dealt with was pleasant and helpful, while the interaction with the older female one with short hair was almost laughable.

We came down to get a recommendation for lunch, she was the only person at the desk and was speaking to what sounded like a potential guest on the phone. We waited in front of her patiently for about 10 minutes.

She never once stopped to acknowledge our presence, or ask what we required, or tell use she would be a couple of minutes. We finally walked out and found a place on our own. When we returned, she didn't ask to see why we had been waiting to speak with her or even apologize
for not being able to help us.

The room had nondescript furniture that in no way says boutique or luxury. The minibar had exactly 2 waters in it and nothing more. In this day and age, most boutique luxury hotels that we have stayed in do not charge you $10 per day for internet access, nor do they have vending machines on each floor.

The shower gels and soaps were also not what one expects from a luxury
boutique hotel.

The breakfast was ok, though the pastries and breads were subpar. The hotel has no bar or comfortable area to really hang out publicly, so you are left with either your room, or somewhere outside of the hotel.

I will say that the location was good, but the room had inadequate sound insulation from front street, many of the balconies overlook the
parking lot, and the walls and floors between rooms were paper thin.

4 Thank jmfangio
new york city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2007

This hotel was great. The bathroom is really modern and beautiful with a great shower and Frette towels. The bed had a comfy down comforter and pillows. We also had a balcony with a beautiful view of the harbor. The hotel is in a great location. Close to the vineyards and walking distance from good restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel if you want to stay in the North Fork.

• Liked — modern and clean and good location
  • Disliked — breakfast didn't have many options
1 Thank love2travel92
scruzin007
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2007

Stayed at the Harborfront Inn from 11/3-11/5. The hotel is very clean and new in appearance, which strangely made it stick out a bit amongst a very homely and classic looking town. Our suite was very spacious and bright with several windows looking out to the village of Greenport, as well as Peconic bay (and also not so noteworthy, the hotel parking lot). The bed was very comfortable with fluffy pillows and soft covers and the shower in the bathroom was truly an unforgettable experience. The complimentary breakfast was full of tasty pastries, fresh juices and coffee and for the most part the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly (although there was one woman who just came off as bitter and unhappy to be there). My only complaints were that the TV in the bedroom was somewhat small and there was a charge for the internet (which I was under the impression was free as well as wireless). However, these small problems aside, the Harborfront Inn was a beautiful and relaxing retreat that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a peaceful getaway.

• Liked — Clean rooms, amazing shower, comfortable beds
  • Disliked — View of parking lot, fee for internet connection
1 Thank scruzin007
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2007

I had a fantastic time at the Harborfront Inn earlier this month. Every little detail about my room made it one of the most enjoyable hotel experiences I've ever had. Arriving on the bus from NYC, it was less than a 5 minute walk to the Inn, making this a very easy trip for New Yorkers who need a little getaway and don't want to bother renting a car. The LIRR station is equally close. The hotel receptionist met me at the door and I was up in my room within a minute.

The room is beautifully decorated with leather chairs, flat screen TV, Frette sheets on the most comfortable bed in the world (perfectly firm, but so comfortable) and a shower with four, count 'em FOUR, shower heads. I made sure to take a shower both at night and each morning.

Internet access comes with every room. I had a great view of Greenport Village and the Carosel. The staff were very helpful and accomodating. I highly recommend visiting Greenport and staying at the Harborfront Inn.

Friends of mine stayed in the their best suite for their honeymoon last year and still talk about it!

• Liked — The bed and the shower!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank amybell74
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2007

I just spent the weekend at the Harborfront Inn in Greenport New York. My friend and I had the best time!! The hotel is first class. The bed is a cloud of deliciousness - perfect mattress and pillows - soft comforters - you never want to get out of bed!!! The shower has FOUR nozzles - I could stay in there all day too AND the soap is GRAPEFRUIT MINT, yum. I want to go back RIGHT NOW. The area is beautiful and convenient to Manhattan [where I live]. There are vineyards to visit and farms and good restaurants. I loved it - if you can't tell!!!!

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank 359274
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
Sound View Greenport
#2 of 3 in Southold
Baron's Cove
Baron's Cove
#1 of 5 in Sag Harbor

Been to Harborfront Inn at Greenport? Share your experiences!