We were a group of 3 couples all around age 50 traveling to Greenport to tour the wineries. We wanted a quaint B&B and thought we had found it when looking at the Harbor Knoll web site. The pictures are absolutely accurate. The property is well kept, clean and the oceanside view is spectacular. However, my compliments end there. I wish I had read the review of the couple who went here on August 15, 2006 before I made reservations. Unfortunately, I made the reservations in July for an October visit. I could not describe this property any better than this couple did. Breakfast restrictions were puzzling - only between 8:30-9:30a.m., limited food and the food was very mediocre. Coffee was not presented until 8:30a.m. I don't care when I eat breakfast, but I want my coffee earlier than 8:30. If your guests rise at 7:00 or 7:30, for God's sake have coffee available to them. Here's a lesson I'll pass on to the readers of this review. There's a big difference between "private bath" and "ensuite bath." It never occurred to me that a private bath would not be inside my bedroom. Two of the three couples had to go down the hall to use our private baths. We NEVER would have stayed here if we had known baths were not inside the bedrooms. One couple's bathroom had ceilings so slanted that there was no shower. They had to sit or kneel on all 4's in the tub and use the shower nossle on a long hose to wash their hair and body.
B&B's are supposed to be quaint, warm and welcoming. We were never made to feel welcomed or comfortable. The Innkeeper was just OK. She had very little personality and was short on communication.
My suggestion, find a different B&B. We'll never go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, waterfront inn with private beach and dock. Very private and quiet with wonderful gardens and breathtaking views. Elegantly decorated in the English country home style. Each of our 4 bedrooms have en suite private bathrooms. We also offer an enchanting one-bedroom cottage with kitchen, living room porch and separate entrance. So easy to reach from Manhattan--within walking distance to Greenport Hampton Jitney stop, Ferry to Shelter Island, and Greenport village and train station. You don't even need to bring a car! Close to North Fork Wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Harbor Knoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Knoll Hotel Greenport
- Harbor Knoll Greenport, NY - Long Island