We just stayed in the Harbor Knoll for two nights and feel dissatisfied with the level of hospitality we experienced. The location itself and the property are very beautiful and the pictures displayed on their website reflect what you will get. However, we felt throughout our stay somewhat uncomfortable and limited in our freedom as guests. Examples: Breakfast is served only between 8.30-9.30am. Given that we were on vacation, we got downstairs at 9.20am the first morning and the innkeeper disapprovingly said: "Oh, do you still want the (hot) breakfast, you are SO late." We ended up opting against scrambled eggs and bacon as the innkeeper really made us feel that we posing an inconvenience (this is at a rate of $270 per room/night!). Also there was only one mini scone left in the basket and the fruit was canned, not fresh. Next morning we got up at 7.45 to make sure we get to breakfast on time but again the baskets were almost empty (2 mini scones left) and we were never offered for second helpings for the warm food (one French toast). When we politely asked if there were more scones, again the innkeeper responded by acting VERY surprised ("oh really...there are NONE left?"). The worst however came when we were about to leave. Checking out time is at 11am and we were waiting for the 12 o'clock Jitney inside the porch because it was pouring outside. The innkeeper reminded us that checking out time is at 11am!! Clearly, we knew that already and had cleaned out our room but she really seemed eager to get rid of us (young professional couple, well-dressed, clean, etc, not exactly the type of guests that would cause any trouble!). Enough ranting now, clearly the place itself is very pretty, the view to shelter island is gorgeous, but if you want to feel welcome and like to sleep in and have breakfast in peace and not feel like an inconvenience rather than a paying customer look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, waterfront inn with private beach and dock. Very private and quiet with wonderful gardens and breathtaking views. Elegantly decorated in the English country home style. Each of our 4 bedrooms have en suite private bathrooms. We also offer an enchanting one-bedroom cottage with kitchen, living room porch and separate entrance. So easy to reach from Manhattan--within walking distance to Greenport Hampton Jitney stop, Ferry to Shelter Island, and Greenport village and train station. You don't even need to bring a car! Close to North Fork Wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Harbor Knoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Knoll Hotel Greenport
- Harbor Knoll Greenport, NY - Long Island