The Frisky Oyster
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Greenport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Frisky Oyster offers imaginative cuisine in a sophisticated, metropolitan atmosphere craved by locals and visitors for years. Our menu changes daily to showcase the most exceptional, local ingredients. The local and international wine list is personally selected to compliment the current menu. Starting at 5pm, we offer dinner in our stylish dining room or at the buzzing bar. DJ Frisky turns up the beat as the energy level rises after 9pm.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had heard that they had a 25 on Zagat, and had to check them out. We had a tremendous dinner! The calamari was perfectly fried and delicious. The oysters Friskerfeller was delicious. My boyfriend had the rib eye, which was a little on the rare side for medium rare, but was delectable. I had the duck, which was the best preparation I've had of duck ever. The polenta was creamy and tasty- the cherries added a wonderful note to the dish. The best key lime pie was aptly named. We had terrific service as well. This restaurant is a must in Greenport!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

While my boyfriend and I stayed at Ruby's Cove for my 28th birthday, we ate at Frisky Oyster. WoW! He had the filet mignon and I had the duck! Several days later and we are still talking about the food! Oh and the decor is simply amazing. When you walk in, you feel like you in an upscale restaurant in Manhattan - where you most likely would have spent double the money! Frisky Oyster has delicious food and reasonable prices. From the owner to the customers, everyone was pleasant! And I am still thinking about the duck (mmm mmm mmmm).

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Me and my husband have dined at the Frisky Oyster on numerous occasions. We have never had a bad meal. The chef/owner is fabulous. He is a pleasure to speak with when he is front of house, and he makes phenomenal and creative dishes in the kitchen. His desserts are divine.

The waitresses are all well versed in the menu offerings, which change frequently, and quite accomodating to any special needs or requests. We occasionally eat at the bar, however, where the bartenders ar quick, witty, and pour great drinks.

We were last there on NYE, which was an amazing party, the DJ was great. I recommend making reservations for their NYE next party to anyone looking for a classy, fun time.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have dined at The Frisky oyster 3 times. The first was perfection...great food service and ambience. We returned New Years Eve . But we were driven crazy by techno beat music the whole evening. Service was off but food was still terrific . Dined there again in January and the whole experience except the food was horrendous. Do Not Go Here! Management was Rude and service abominable, blaring techno late night club music played to entertain the bar crowd and this was at 6:30. Our meals arrived at different times as one of our dinners was delivered and eaten by the wrong customer. What a shame it could be a north Fork gem. I was a fan but now our group and all the potentional diners we would have brought will go elsewhere.

1  Thank Cpatrick23
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The food was well prepared and tasteful, which explained why every seat was occupied. The only negative was the loudness of the music, which made it difficult to hold a discussion.

1  Thank CaptDad42