“Ambience, Ambience, Ambience”

Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ambience, Ambience, Ambience”
Reviewed September 2, 2007

To get the real flavor of Greenport, there is no better view than the Tiki Bar at sunset. The burgers are good and the employees make you feel at home. Most are locals and know all the stories of what is really happening in Greenport.

1 Thank DentonTexas

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing food at high prices”
Reviewed May 4, 2007

We went here our first night in Greenport and spent the rest of the trip regretting it. There are many other, better, more reasonably priced options. I'd go here for a burger and a beer, and to sit outside if the weather were nice, but if you want seafood or something fresh and local, go someplace else.

1 Thank monsky
New York
“Visiting this restaurant for years”
Reviewed April 20, 2005

The restaurant is ran by locals and they serve great food! They may not make exceptions to the menu but their menu is great. The staff is friendly and informative. The prime rib is to die for and the bbqs on thrusdays are the greatest! All you can eat with beer and wine included!!!!

I love this place and I have been going there for many years.

3 Thank nyfla123
A TripAdvisor Member
“What a disappointment!”
Reviewed July 17, 2004

What a disappointing dining experience. The Margarita was horrible. It had a taste that was like nothing I've ever tasted, not to mention the fact that it wasn't even frozen, (as advertised,) and half of the glass was all foam.
The New England Clam Chowder was ok. It had vegetables that shouldn't have been in there and it definately was not white as it's supposed to be. The taste was ok though. At least there were enough clams in it.
The stuffed clams were small and only 5 per order. Considering the price, there should have been at least one more and the topping should have been browned and not soggy.
We had Creamy Italian dressing on our salads and it was anything but that. Perhaps they should state what exactly they put in their dressing. My daughter didn't finish hers.
The entrees were a horror. My daughter had the Crab Cakes which should have been called Parsley Cakes instead. Even though there was a sufficient amount of crab there, the parsley overtook everything. They weren't browned as the menu said, were very soft and barely hot. She didn't even finish them. Waste of money!
My entree was even more horrible. I ordered the Shrimp with Linguini which was described as to have have garlic and a light, (I believe,) sauce with wine. The pasta came out reeking of wine so strongly that it was obvious that it didn't have time to cook off. There was so much oregano in it that it was overwhelming. It was total liquid sitting in the bottom of the bowl. No taste, nothing. It should have been thickened up a little and had some butter thrown in for good measure. I didn't finish mine either.
The waiter never bothered to check on us after the entrees were served. If he had, I would have sent my entree back. The real joke was that the check came to $91.00. When it came time to pay, we had to hunt down the waiter. Even after I stated to one of the bus boys that the food was disappointing, and he acknowledged my remark, no one came over to inquire exactly what was wrong.
I had also asked them to make a combo plate with Chicken Fingers and Mozzarella sticks for my son. They said they coudln't do it. Both items are listed as appetizers on the menu which is what I had to order for my son. It wouldn't have taken much to come up with a price and portion size for something so simple.
Lastly, I'm a Chef, so even though I was on vacation, I still expect to get something good for the money that I'm spending. Next time I'll go somewhere else.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member